• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Amd 240!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Aidenswarrior said:
how do people get that many processors?
Maybe its a new computer company selling on ebay! wanting to get rid of stock to move!

AZNBoiOnFIYA said:
i think the mobo would cost more than youre willing to pay.
do u know of any current mother boards supporting them?

They look pretty sweet laid out like that huh? Nice price, but I just did quick search on newegg, cheapest 940 mobo is over $200, it's a MSI with horrible ratings.

yeah thats a deal. opteron 240's usually go for $150+
it's 940 though, and 1.4ghz. useful for someone trying to build a medium-end server or something...

I remmber I bought 10 of these and made a couple of hundred dollars :p

Good deal, I might buy 10 again :D but since last time I got ripped $200..I'll prob pass this time..

Ri0 said:
Decent price, but try to find a dual processor Motherboard for these.

There are plenty.. K8N, K8N, K8WE, K8SE, DK8N..

Obviously these are for dually guys.. None of you single processor people should be jumping on this thinking its the deal of the century.. BUT.. for those looking for a low performance processor or a temp solution.. these are great.

I read in another thread about a bust in the orient; someone managed to steal a buttload of AMD's that were factory failures. They relabeled them and were selling them. I think they said 100,000 were unaccounted for.

Maybe a relative story to this post, maybe not . . . .

Audioaficionado said:
Supermicro H8DCE is an awesome dual socket nVidia nF4pro board for well under $400. Those 240s would make good placeholders until you could afford a couple of dual core Opterons when the prices come down. Not originally for gaming although you could with the SLI capabilities and future SMP gaming.

http://www.supermicro.com/Aplus/motherboard/Opteron/nForce/H8DCE.cfm

Or get my motherboard, Asus K8N-DL. I love it. It doesn't have SLI, but it has pci-express x16, the chipset is apparently "sli capapble" [So SLI on a single card works], up to 24 gigs, 6 RAM Slots, Dual sockets, tons of space, 8 Channel audio with digital ins/outs, EIGHT SATA ports, two IDE, SATA and IDE RAID onboard.

I <3 it.

Would this chip perform in a single cpu motherboard?
What makes 939 so much better than 940? I figured it was because there are more 939 gaming motherboards...

blackfury said:
Would this chip perform in a single cpu motherboard?
What makes 939 so much better than 940? I figured it was because there are more 939 gaming motherboards...
939 is mainstream, 940 is server. 940 requires ECC RAM, and is slower in games, but supports multi-cpus.
939 opterons are the best of both worlds.

Aphex_Tom_9 said:
psh cause thats the secret conversion trick AMD dosent want you to know :eek:
LOL that's funny :p
That trick works great for converting that 940 Opty into a real cool looking key chain. Pick a pin, any pin it doesn't matter :clap:

Back