• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

my windows time always screws up

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

hc1001

tried the search button but didnt find anything....do i need to replace the battery for my mobo? its fairly new(6 months)...or is there a program resetting it? thx for any help...

Is it happeneing in BIOS (load-up) too?

If it is in bios too - then mobo

If it's normal and not resetting - you got a windows problem.. i think Windows update put out a new patch for something to do with the clocks.... auto-update or so.....

No, the BIOS battery only keeps track of time when the system is off. The rest of the time it's done by your operating system. If your computer is constantly screwing up on the time it's either A) you have too much crap running in the background or B) there's a bug in Windows XP that the auto time updating is screwed up. Try changing it to time.nist.gov instead of the microsoft server. That sometimes help. Otherwise, just disable the automatic time.

thx guys...my windows is updated....and i dont think its teh BIOS because i fixed the time and let my comp run for 3 hours and saw that the time became behind like 12 mins....so it must be a program or windows....maybe i will turn off time synchronization and see if my time works...ill also check out my BIOS clock when i get a chance to....

Back