• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How many 3dmarks can i get with XP1600/R8500LE 64MB???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

PhobMX

Yo guys, this ain't a setup to brag about but it's good:

CPU AMD AthlonXP 1600
Sunon 80MM High Speed Fan 39CFM
AX7 Heatsink
512MB IC PC2700 Samsung Memory (googlegear
80GB 8MB Buffer WD Hard Drive
Gigabyte R8500LE 64MB

My dude from the US ordered all this stuff from me and hes about to ship it, might be 3 weeks until i have all the stuff in my hands :( . But i still want to know how good will it perform in 3dMark 2001SE, of course i plan to overclock, but since temps here in mex are a little high, i hate noisy fans and can't affor a WC kit, it wont be higher than 200Mhz CPU or 50Mhz in the graphic card.

It would be sweet to play all games at average 1024x768 mid/high detail and 75hz for a year. What do you guys think??

Depends what you mean by "all games." What kind of games do you play?

I would expect something around the neighborhood of 7000-9000.

-PC

if it is non overclocked then I would say about 6-7 thousand or so...not much more....but when you press the OCing switch on then you will see a VERY big jump in points...when I increased my FSB by 15Mhz I got a 600 gain in points! and I got a dualie so I don't have much OCing potential but with your single CPU you can go VERY high which yeilds VERY high scores.....

Spec

phobMx - what motherboard are you getting?

spec - it will be higher than that. cullam is about right

MOBO:

LOL i forgot to mention the mobo...

Asus A7V333 Retail no raid

something around 8500 3dmarks would be cool, but is there any chance to reach 10k with this mediocre cooling??? I also have a 400 watt Antec Smartpower PSU (hasg ot an outake fan) and also 2 extra 80mm fans in the case, one intake the other outake...

Cullam3n said:
Depends what you mean by "all games." What kind of games do you play?

I would expect something around the neighborhood of 7000-9000.

-PC

I love FPS games, i hope to be able to play q3 at 1280x960 full detail, and still can play at 1024x768 low/mid detail 75hz in newer games like doom3, but i dont believe the video card can handle that much :(

Re: MOBO:

PhobMX said:
something around 8500 3dmarks would be cool, but is there any chance to reach 10k with this mediocre cooling???

I'm sure you could, Samsung memory is really good and pars right up there with corsair.

-PC

Back