• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

buying a new mobo need help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mr.max-amd

ok.....my motherboard is angering me satas are placed directly in front of the graphics card slot and i cant run sli because i dont have two pcie x16 ports
i want either a 790gx or a 750a or 780a no 790x or 790fx
good sata placement(preferably on the outside of the board facing out not up
i dont need built in graphics
no open box boards
and under 200$ preferably 100-130$ but i would have no problem buying a 200$ board
and i want bios that lets me have good control

better to not spend $210 on a am2+ mobo right now..
if you really, really want a mobo right now then the asus that upgrayedd linked should be fine.. unless you want tri sli for some reason

that one just looked alot better
but why not spend 210 on an am2 mobo im not gonna build a new system with am3 or maybe intel until next year
and i want a good high powered board until then

i might just go with the initial thought and just buy a new gfx card
probably a gtx 260...but i want sli and a better chipset my board is a horrible cheapo

Well foxconn makes decent boards too. If you're willing to spend 210 and want 3-way sli it wouldn't be a bad board. But if you're not going for 3-way sli I'd just get the asus.

Which ASUS M3A78 do you now have? Egg lists about 5 variations of this board.

the regular piece of poop one
and buy the way
im going to wait until amd comes out with something new and buy the new board/cpu like the phenom3 or phenom2 1xxx series
am3 or whatever comes out after
im going to get a gtx 280 or 260 instead....

Back