• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Water Condensation

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

heezer7

I am about to set up my first water cooling system. Every one in a while I read about Water condensation and sealing the chip, board and pins. What is this all about? how much is really necessary. i really don't want to do like some people and coat my entire board in silicon.

Condensation occures when warm wet air meets cold stuff, like on the side of a milk jug.

Is your setup going to be cold? if it is not activly cooled to gots no troubles.

As long as you are not cooling the water below the ambient temp you will not have any condensation. You will be fine with the setup you described. On the other hand if you were going to stick the radiator or coil outside in the winter(maybe hang out a window) then you would have to insulate against condensation.

Back