• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Error messages in XP SP2/3

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

torin3

I've got a computer at work that has been getting a memory error when booting up. No overclocking and the memory has been swapped out for different speed and timing memory. However the error still shows up.

Also, after logging into a user account, the program netsh.exe from c:\windows\system32 also fails.

The original memory error isn't always the same numbers, but it seems to always be a memory error.

Upgrading to SP3 didn't fix the netsh.exe problem, and replacing the file didn't seem to fix it either.

Is there any chance a repair install would work to fix this, or is it likely to be a hardware problem? Also, there doesn't seem to be any other errors or problems stemming from this that I can identify.

I'm not sure I can do a screenshot of the inital error, but I can post the error codes if that would help.

You might want to check and make sure the Vcore as shown in CPU-Z matches the VID of your chip, and if not then manually adjust it in the BIOS accordingly.

You might want to check and make sure the Vcore as shown in CPU-Z matches the VID of your chip, and if not then manually adjust it in the BIOS accordingly.

HP computer. No settings in BIOS to adjust any voltages. No monitoring of anything but fan speeds. Also, in CPUZ, it shows nothing in the Core Voltage window.

It is a Pentium 4 519, on an ASUSTek Goldfish3 motherboard.

The RAM SPD settings specify 1.8V.

The error on boot this time was:

The instruction at "0x65843cd4" referenced memory at "0x0000504c". The memory could not be "read".

Back