• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My first mod

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

vk85

Registered
For my first mod I decided to do something simple, so I stealthed my CD-RW. Here are the pics.

v-stealth2.jpg

v-stealth3.jpg

v-stealth4.jpg

v-stealth5.jpg

Sorry about the quality...I don't have a digital camera so I had to use my webcam. :(

Good work, I love my stealthed drives. Its funny when a friend comes over and says "Where did your DVD and CR-RW go?" and then I show them. Its pretty funny and they get a kick out of it.

Also, the quality of your webcam doesnt seem that bad. I have seen some really crappy/ grainy ones.

Thanks for the comments guys.

Well now that I've done the easiest mod does anyone have any suggestions as to what I should do next?

Pretty nice, now if only we had a way to truly hide those ugly but needed floppy drives.

Try a glowpad or some kind of creative window(other than the same boring side ones) for your next mod.

Hawky

I attached it using double sided tape (I know its not great, but it's all I had lying around the house :p )

The case is called the EZ4000, and I got it last September from PC Canada, but they don't carry them anymore. It was $80 CND when I got it.

I checked out this new computer store that just opened right by my house called PC2Cell and they had a case that was almost exactly the same. The place wasn't that great and the guy there didn't seem to knowledgable, but they did have some nice cases. I think that would be the only thing I would buy from there. (PC2Cell )

Paradox

What exactly is a glowpad?

I was thinking of putting a window in my CD-ROM and two seperate windows in the top of the case once I get my Dremel. Are windows really hard to do?

Thanks again for the comments guys.

Sweet mod, you did a better job than I managed. I've got an Antec 1240 but could'nt get the face plates to be flat with the case so I took them off. Anyone know how to do it? I seemed the pre-fit drive rails wouldn't go back far enough..

Is that bulge able to accomodate a fan or is it just a passive vent, im interested because teh caselooks good and an excellent job on the drives makes it all the more appealing and if you read below im unfortunately in the market for a new case.

BTW: Im glad your mod went better than mine, i screwed up my window, and left an ugly hole which now has a piece of plexi velcored to the outside, talk about tooless entry. ;)

Back