• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Mini Fridge Plus Water Cooler =Good Temps?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Lazlo Panaflex

Ok im going to get new ram (512mb Corsair XMS) and a yet unamed watercooler system for christmas. I just read someone put there resevoir in a mini fridge what an idea! (im still a WC noob :) I have a sanyo small fridge that is pretty much goin to waste in my room. I want to use it in my system but i dont want to destroy it... Is there any way for this? Man i should try to get picks up. anyone have this setup and could take pix for me of how they did it?

well you can do this however there is some modding you have to do. You cant just stick a resavor in there and think its going to work, you need to make some holes in it and pull out the evaporator (thing that gets cold) and that is what you put in your resavor. This should be moved to the extream cooling section.

the evaporator is a coil of copper that makes the fridge cold, I believe its located at the bottom of the fridge. You just have to cut some plastic out and pull out the evap so you can stick it in your res.

it may be in the shape of a plate that looks like it has pipes running thorugh it

does your fridge have a freezer compartment?

Back