• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need help over clocking GT5432

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Devilman Ver2.0

Hey guys,
Im rather new to this forum and kinda new to PC modding. Im not completely computer Illiterate and I understand how to get into my bios and understand the lingo to an extent so please bear with me if I need things to be broken down into "stupid" every once in a while lol. Anyhoo, I currently purchased a Gateway GT5432 and I hear there are ways to over clock it and get more preformance out of it. Specs: MOBO is a MCP61PM-AM, AMD Anthlon 64 X2 Processor 5000+ dual core 64-bit processor 2.6GHz, 2x 512 KB L2 cache, 2000 MHz sys bus (Vista premium) , NVIDIA GeForce 6150SE 128 MB shared (soon to be 8800 GTS 320MB) 300W power supply (ordered 500W), 320GB SATA II HDD(thinking of getting a raptor), upgraded from 1024 MB DDR2 to 3072 MB DDR2 PC 4200 (plan on upgrading to DDR800 4 GB if possible)...phew. Ok, I've heard there are ways to modify the BIOS to accept DDR 800 and overclock my processor from BIOS as well but Im afraid to burn out my pc. I know I need a new heatsink for processor and Im ordering a new coolermaster case. I need any detailed help I can get to tweak my bios (I checked and its possible) and any suggestions. I know I should have built something from scratch but I got everything for 200 bucks (before memory upgrade) and I couldnt pass it up.

I appreciate any help,
Thanx

Last edited:
not many people have the same exact bios or motherboards for that matter so it will be tricky to find specific answers for yours especially being a gateway. i think i remember somebody on here recently had a similar system though and found a way to OC it. do some searching. for general OCing help, read the stickies.

for $200, it sounds like you got a good deal.

what brand psu did you order? it's not all about wattage ratings. quality and stability is a big part too.

a raptor probably isn't really necessary unless you do a lot of hard drive intensive work like rendering and graphics work. stick with the 320 for now and maybe get another in the future to put in a raid configuration.

if you're still using xp, 3 gigs of ram is plenty. it's probably good enough in vista too.

I plan on doing some hardcore gaming. I know I cant get much out of my unit but I wanna push it as much as I can, I ordered a coolermaster powersupply for the case I cant remember the model # but my friend told me its specifcally for the coolermaster case I ordered. I tried what I found on a similar post from this board in relation to the same thing (raised my CPU freq to 215 x13) but when I checked it under computer properties it said I was still running 2.6 GHz.. is that cause Im still running PC4200 memory and not the DDR 800? Maybe I didn't do it right...anyways I restored everything back so I wouldn't blow anything up but Im determined to figure it out. Thatx for the advice tho.

Any other suggestions are welcome.
Thanx guys!

It seems like you are renovating your most of your PC, so why not just buy a budget motherboard to go with it? It will make everything so much easier.

Thank you for the suggestion,
I already thought of that but Im trying not to spend anymore money than I already did (my wife will kill me!! lol!) I already ordered my case, memory and power supply not to mention already spending $200 on the unit before mods and as it stands my budget is squeezed to its limit so what Im trying to do is get the most of what I have because I plan on using this unit till atleast Feb (tax season ^_^) and I might not even be able to upgrade it then. So if anyone has any clear instructions on how to modify my bios or tweak it Im all ears.

Thanx guys!

Back