• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Problem with my friend's PC

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Mud

my friend has the following PC:

Gigabyte 8I875 Board
P4 Prescott 3GHz Processor
512x2 TwinMos PC3200
MSI FX5200 128 GPU
120GB Maxtor 7200 SATA HDD

the problem occurs when installing a new version of WindowsXP SP2, the installation goes fine until it wants to reboot the PC and then enter windows for the first time, the BLUE ERROR SCREEN comes and the PC reboots itself after the first blue indicator moves 1/2 the way of the first time..

the problem keeps happening.. tried removing 1 memory stick and keepin the other, and vise versa.. same thing, tried connecting the sata harddrisk to another port and same thing.. the PC works fine if u install windows SP1 and upgrade it to SP2.. sounds weird eh?? i think its the HDD not sure though..

any ideas?

I had this problem, and I never fixed it. I jumped from unknown mobo/celeron processor to dfi lanparty and amd 3000+ and didn't remove old mobo drivers, or install new mobo drivers before installing the mobo and processor. I booted, and windows got corrupted. I tried reinstalling, everything. Your only option is to format, or install on a seperate hard drive and use your current one for backup... atleast.. that's what I had to do.

[edit]
After reading your post again, it may not be the same problem. Mine wouldn't work no matter what version of windows I installed.

Wow.. You actually live in Jordan?
I had no idea just how big 38DD's really were...

Sorry, I just couldn't resist.

As for your question. Where did this disk come from? Is it the original disk you got when you purchased the product, or is it a backed up disk you made in order to keep the original safe and in A1 condition.

hibner said:
what does the error sceen say. There is usually a message of some sort on it.

it doesnt give me time to read the error screen as it restarts instantly.. and in the first time that windows start u dont get the option "disable restart on error screen" so it wont let me..

Quattro said:
Wow.. You actually live in Jordan?
I had no idea just how big 38DD's really were...

Sorry, I just couldn't resist.

As for your question. Where did this disk come from? Is it the original disk you got when you purchased the product, or is it a backed up disk you made in order to keep the original safe and in A1 condition.

lol.. anyways its Jordan the country (incase u dont REALLY know it)..

the disk is brand new.. tried with another seagate 80gb SATA drive and the problem is still there.. ill try clearing CMOS..

not entirely sure about the solution but it looks like ur win xp disk is damaged. u should try and install xp using that disk on another computer/motherboard, and see if u still get the same problem. if u do then u'll know its the disk, not the computer

Back