• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Just got PATRTIOT PDC 1gb pack....

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

MadInsane

Well, I got this ram for the "before" price of 180 bucks. Came out to 199 with tax and shipping. It is running fine at 3-3-8 CAS 2, 200mhz. BUT, I try and lower the latency to 2-2-5, and problems kick in. I bumped the voltage to 2.7v (from 2.6) and got it stable on memtest at 210fsb--BUT after exiting memtest my computer was locked and i had to clear cmos jumper. :mad: Well, I got this ram for a good price, and almost got the corsair twinx dual pack. I am debating whether or not to RMA this damn non overclocking ram right back to outpost. What do u guys think i should do? This ram isnt overclocking very well, but i am saving 100 bucks over the corsair/hyperx ram. I am running an msi k7n2 delta-L mobo, barton 2800+, radeon 9700 pro, turbolink 420 watt ps (soon to be TT butterfly! :p ) , and dual uv cathode lights. haha. I am borderline sending this ram back, what should i do.....?

If it isn't defective, you shouldn't RMA it. No manufacturer is going to guarantee that their product will run out-of-spec. If it runs at rated speed, then there is nothing wrong with it. Sometimes you win, sometimes you don't. Try to sell it and get something different next time.

lyle said:
If it isn't defective, you shouldn't RMA it. No manufacturer is going to guarantee that their product will run out-of-spec. If it runs at rated speed, then there is nothing wrong with it. Sometimes you win, sometimes you don't. Try to sell it and get something different next time.
But the stuff isnt running its rated speed of 2-2-2-6. You can Go ahead and rma it IMO. But its still not a bad price for those timings.

I can't find the 2-2-2-6 stuff, all I can find is 2-3-2-5 on their website.

It might help to know what kind of problems you were getting when running at lower timings.

if it's running at 3-3-8 and cant push much higher than 200mhz, I would RMA it. That's well outta spec. If you got the "before" price, that stuff is supposed to have run 2-2-2 or close to it......those were the winbond supply we were led to believe.

lyle said:
I can't find the 2-2-2-6 stuff, all I can find is 2-3-2-5 on their website.

It might help to know what kind of problems you were getting when running at lower timings.

This is correct. Outpost.com has it listed wrong. I called and talked to the Patriot respresentative and it is only meant to run at 2-3-2-5 @ 200mhz. If it doesn't do that then RMA it.

Yes, I RMA'd it. Just picked up some mushkin 1gb dual pack pc3500 level 1. About 50 bux more expensive, but will actually overclock.

just to be clear..
you arent running this @ specified timings, when trying to run better than spec timings you didnt really up voltage (upvolting .1 on RAM wont do much), and, based on what you said it would most likely run spd timings OK.
so you RMA it. this is why legit customers have such a pain in the *** getting valid RMAs without a hassle.

you bought it not knowing how it would OC, 199 for 1GB is rather cheap, suck it up and dont stick the manufact with your problem...

Back