• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Unlocking a 2200+. What to expect?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

freshy98

I have a 2200+ and going to unlock it. Finally!
Now, what I was wondering is what I can expect from a unlocked 2200+
Problemis that I don't have information on what's on the black sticker which is on the CPU. Gonna have that when I'm going to unlock it :)

I know that every CPU is about unique on the overclocking potentials, but what would be recommended to try.
What multiplier vs. FSB speed.

Please give me your results and tips if any.

ok, I water cooled one unlock, and could only get it 185x11.5=2127, I think you should be able to be around 1950-2100, which is the normal overclock of this chip, the first ones with the new size core, they unfortunaly came pretty hot:(

I know a forum member here running an XP 2200+ at 2.3GHz using I think 2.3volts. He too has some kind of super/extreme cooling. I bet you can get over 2.1GHz with enough voltage. But I wouldn't expect more than 2.2-2.3...

I do believe it's an AIRGA and right now it's at 2005MHz (148 * 13.5) voltage is at 1.75V but I have a potentiometer to crank it up a lot higher.
Temps are about 20C idle and 23C load. Don't forget that I'm using Vapochill with a big Delta fan for the radiator.

ooooh:eek: those temps are great! ya, take that bad boy up 1.85 and see what it wil do? if everything goes ok i would take it to 1.95 if the temps stay below 50c. you have a nice cooling rig. was thinking of getting one but they are so exspensive! but then again i just shelled out $300 bucks for a cpu last month.i don't guess a couple hundred is to bad for a good water cooler. good luck keep us informed!

i have mine running stable at 2gig... 1.95 vcore... anymore(can got o 2.2... doesnt do squat!

Back