• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

The Unofficial Official Ballistix Results Thread

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Odie812

I thought a thread like this could be useful as people start to get their Ballistix. All of the 5B -C threads were very helpful. Hopefully, though, we can avoid what happened with the 5B -C where there were three or four threads going about it at once.

Results are in! See below...

250HTT x 10 1:1 = 2.4Ghz
HTT3X
2.5-3-2-10 w/ Aggressive mode enabled
1.75 VCore
2.8 VDimm

P1010116.jpg

Let the crankin' begin!

Odie :)

Last edited:
I ordered a gig of this yesterday, won't get it til some point next week though. :(

We'll see how this does on an NF7-S 2, early results seem to be fairly encouraging.

I don't have that ram but damn those spreaders look really sexy, what color are the the PCBs? Looks like a fire red in your pic. Depending on ocing results I might pick up a gig of those beauties.

Tebore said:
I don't have that ram but damn those spreaders look really sexy, what color are the the PCBs? Looks like a fire red in your pic. Depending on ocing results I might pick up a gig of those beauties.

I agree! That was one of the first things I noticed as well. The heatspreaders are a really hot orange that look dead sexy against the black PCB.

Its a new revision. The primary ident is still there 46V32M8. However the rest of it is forign to me.

Tell us how it goes.

What bothers me is the week.... *MY* KVR is almost the same week as that stuff.

Just got my new K8N Neo Platinum today. These are my initial results with Ballistix PC4000, so far solid as a rock. Not sure how much farther I'm going to be able to go with my CPU stepping, it feels like it's topping out, but we'll see. As far as the Ballistix goes, it really wants to go to DDR500! Flawless in memtest for 50+ passes at these settings. I'm going to eventually tinker with the timings a bit. The settings below are with 2.5-3-3-10. I do know that after about 225FSB both sticks together would no longer do Cas latency of 2 anymore. But, so far so good. Sandra is reporting about 3800/3800. Will post more screens later as I make progress.

Good to be back in business,

cpuz.jpg

Last edited:
-=TriX=- said:
looking forward to seeing some results w/ this RAM. What vdimm are using to get 240?

I have it at 2.75V. Timings are now 2.5-3-2-10 with Aggressive mode enabled on 1T. This memory is having trouble with cas latency of 2 and Ras-to-cas of 2. It's stable enough to benchmark, but memtest errors out, so it isn't worth it. However, Sandra wasn't reporting a significant difference between 2.5-2-2-10 and 2.5-3-2-10 anyway... about 50MB/s.

Rated timings are 2-3-2-8, which is impressive for PC4000. I suspect that it's either the motherboard or more likely the CPU that doesn't want to hold that. Maybe with DDR Booster...

UPDATE (2 hours later): Well, 9x250 at 1:1, 1T is no problem for this memory/CPU. Bandwidth went up about 150MB/s, while CPU arithmatic score dropped by 500 flops. I think I'm going to stick with 10x240 for now and let it settle in for overall performance. I was able to boot at 10x250, but Windows started to freeze. I'm sure it is the CPU, but I'm going to mess with some settings before I max the VCore at 1.8V. Although, at 1.75V, my temps never hit 50C. Is it worth bothering trying with the memory set to 2T?

Last edited:
HUGE Update:

For giggles I moved the memory from slots 1 and 3 to 1 and 2 and look what happened:

cpuz250.jpg

san250.jpg

Settings:

Memory:
1:1 1T
2.5-3-3-8
2.75V
Aggressive timings: disabled

CPU:
Spread Spectrum: disabled
Dynamic OC: disabled
Cool N Quiet: disabled
HTT3X
1.75V (usually hovers at 1.72)
Case: 37*C CPU: 39*C
SLK-948U with 92mm Vantec Stealth

Priming for two hours so far. Am I getting close to EB yet? :p

It's warm, but I have no problem holding my finger on it. I was assuming that they wouldn't work as well really close together because of the heat. Glad I tried it!

I wanted to post about this. I am running my PC3200 @ 2-2-2-11 @ 210 @ 3.0. They seem stable but I will know once it passes the day long P95. Excellent RAM for the money.

i'll get these rocking soon once my epox board arrives with my shiny new 3000+.

This appears to be the HTT max at 2.85V (most my board will allow). Timings for this testing were 3-3-3-8, 1:1, 1T Command.

More..... power.....!

265cpu.jpg

1607.jpg

Okay, I think I've posted enough pictures/results for a while. Feel free to ask questions.

Eh, you need to explain this to me.
OCZ has these modules, EB. They have the same results on 3-2-2 as for example BH-5 at 2-2-2.
Is this improvement done by the ICs or by the PCB?
And the Ballistix? Since they seem to have the same ICs as OCZ uses for the EB series, my question is if they run like the EB series?

BTW, this might be my next memory ;)

Back