• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

IBM Deathstar Mod (56k warning)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Xenocide

Well, last night i picked up an ibm deathstar that i was going to use in a folder. hooked it up and right away i got spin up clicking. and then about 3 minutes later it started spewing smoke. so i decided it should die a nice formal death :) i spent about an hour looking for my blow torch but i couldn't find it (im moving in friday, everything is in boxes ATM) so it came to this..

Innocent? i think not....
1.jpg

Hard drive, meet mr sludge hammer, mr screw driver, and mr half life crow bar..
2.jpg

yea that right you little ****...
3.jpg

just airing it out a little bit
4.jpg

cosmetic surgery :)
5.jpg

whoops?
6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

well wasn't that nice?
9.jpg

10.jpg

...Stay away from my printer...

Seriously, This has been something I've always wanted to do but lacked the proper modding tools. It gives me great joy to see that some hard drives get what they ask for.

yes my performance went up by a multipler of 55.2x and the mhz of the buffer was tweaked to 7.8 ghz which gives me a theoretical transfer rate of 9480x10^50 mbps

basically this drive will smoke any raid array, literally

Thats cool. I wish i had the vid of me and my friend smashing 16 complete 486 computers. That was a blast until my cousin hit me in the leg with the baseball bat on accident...

Back