• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

This is NOT a "catch-all" location

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Would there be a general AMD and general Intel section? Or would you have to post in one of the three subsections?

Why not just

CPU's (this section...but LOCKED)
--AMD
--Intel
--Gen CPU's

Or hell...maybe even
--AMD(Locked)
----K8's(Athlon 64's etc.)
----K7's(Athlon XP's, bartons, etc.
----Other AMD
--Intel(locked)
----Pentium 4's (willies, northies, presscotts...p4 celerons)
----Other Intel
--Gen CPU's
something along the lines of that.

EDIT: Well thanks for bumping this thread....I thought the title might catch more attention...and to be honest....no one really looks at the stickies...

^^^ word :)

So what about the idea of the first time a newbie logs in they are taken to a "rules" thread and they must reply to it before they can make one single post or view the rest of the forums?

Darn, I thought by having specific AMD/Intel forums, it implied that only things like G5 and Sparc processors were discussed here.

What about AMD vs. Intel threads? Where do they go? It's no fun being a fanboy when you're preaching to the choir!

I guess I'm in the minority, but I like having a forum where CPUs, regardless of their manufacturer, can be discussed/debated. If I'm trying to select a new CPU to purchase, I'd prefer to gain insight from people who don't all agree with each other.

My 2 cents anyway.

No, you're definitely not in the minority, Mitch. We all think that a general section is required, however, some of us at least, want the AMD and Intel sections moved out of it.

Captain Newbie, misposting will happen, but that doesn't mean we can't try to do something to stop it. It's gotten to the point where the vast majority of the posts in this section don't actually belong in it.

You guys are correct, misposting WILL happen, I am just trying to cut down on it.

Your idea is not bad...but with the amount of members that register each day...that would be ALOT of work for the administrator to look and see if they posted in the rules thread and then give them access to the forums. That would be a deterent to some/most people to registering anyways.

MitchV said:
What about AMD vs. Intel threads? Where do they go? It's no fun being a fanboy when you're preaching to the choir!

Well of course if it is AMD vs. Intel then it is not ALL AMD or ALL Intel...so it would go in the general CPU's section. Or as it is right now...this section.

Is there someone who disagree's with this thread becuase someone voted a 1 lol. Speak up, I dont care about the stars...in fact a poor rating would catch peoples eyes and look at the thread and that is VERY good.

Cheers!
-0cer

PS....lets post in the right section guys!

The Fanboys vs the Beverly Hills 90210 crowd (Intel boys) will always rage on. It would be better to call this the CPU boxing ring.

This issue has been beaten with a stick. I've taken care of all of the threads in CPUs root from the past 30 days. There should be incredibly few, if any, misplaced posts now.

Giving this a bump to remind people that this sub-forum is not a catch-all.

Why not just

--AMD
--Intel
--Gen CPU's
I'm a fan of this idea as well. That's what I had been thinking since the start of the thread.

I like it too. Wow...this thread got stuck! Too bad they didn't stick it back when people were posting massive amounts of misplaced posts in CPU's.

Once again, thanks moderators for cleaning up the CPU's section!

There was already a stuck thread about putting threads in the right locations.

Also, you're welcome :)

JoT said:
There was already a stuck thread about putting threads in the right locations.

Also, you're welcome :)

Multiple threads could not have hurt :p.

But I guess the only real solution was to do what has already been done.

I don't see how people are so blind/stupid as to STILL post in the wrong section. It makes my head hurt thinking about it.

Yea...but misposts are quite common in a forum of this size with massive amounts of new members.

It is 4,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000% better than what it was though.

With the old setup I sometimes saw up to 60 percent of the threads in the CPUs section misplaced.

Back