• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

9NPA+Ultra: Overclocking Question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Route44

Guys, I have a friend who is seriously looking into the 9NPA+Ultra but he has a question I can't answer. Perhaps you can help me answer his question:

My big question is how well do these boards OC in the 330+ fsb range? My Opty 165 will hit 3 GHz with no problem, but it's 9 multi means I have to run a high fsb. My EP-9NDA3J gets close, but it only has 2 SATA connectors and is AGP. I know it's always a crap shoot getting high fsb with any board, but do I stand a reasonable chance doing it with the EP-9NPA+ULTRA or should I look elsewhere? I need to get a board within the next week as it will be my main system (which is why it needs the 4 SATA2 connectors).

What answer would you give him? Thanks!

I have the 9NPA3 Ultra edition and I'm pretty sure it's just the non-SLI version of the 9NPA+ Ultra. I haven't had any problems running my 165 on this board at 334FSB. I've been very happy with this board and its solid performance so I'd say go for the 9NPA+ if you can get one in good condition on the cheap.

Yep, my mistake; only one PCIex x16 slot on the 9NPA+ Ultra. Good luck on the motherboard selection.

Back