• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

A7V333 Overvolt Jumper

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

nymph

I want to get a little more voltage out of my board.. I have a locked xp 1600+ currently at 10.5x167=1753mhz. My temps are 35-37 idle and 40-42 load. When I try to up my FSB past 167 I become unstable, this is why i'm thinking the 1.85-1.90 vcore Im at now is not enough.... Before I enable the overvolt jumper should I put my settings in the bios back down to the lowest vcore setting manually (I think it's 1.75) Or should I put it on AUTO? I just want to go around 2.0 vcore not really higher than that.

EDIT : I am able to get my FSB up to 169, at 170 things are unstable.... I was just thinking, could it be my memory voltage also thats holding me back? That is also at 1.9v (I believe) Thanks for any help...

Last edited:
When you enable the over volt jumper, you can no longer change your vcore in the bios. I think you should set the vcore jumpers on the mobo to the lowest vcore possible so that when you overvolt, your vocre will be around 2.2v.

Be sure you have adequate cooling cus your temps are gonna shoot up to close to 60c once you overvolt and run prime95 torture tes to test stability.

wow, 2.2 is quite a jump from where im at now and 60 degrees is hot.... I have a cooler master heat pipe heatsink with a 6800rpm delta fan.... only 2 outake fans and 1 intake....according to my manual the lowest I can set my vcore to is 1.675-1.71... When I enable the overvolt you think it will really jump to 2.2v?

I have posted this so many times, I'm beginning to get blue in the face, but if you want to be able to adjust your overvolt continuously all you have to do is supstitute a 250k ohm linear taper potentiometer in place of the shorting clip on the jumper. You can then mount the potentiometer somewhere on the front of your case and without opening it up, or fiddling with the bios, you can set the core voltage for whatever you want. In the following picture, pay attention to which lugs I used on the potentiometer. Those two insure that the voltage goes up as you rotate it clockwise. I scrounged the 2 pin plug from my junk parts. I left the heat shrink off of the solder connections to the jumper for the sake of the picture. Normally you want to insulate these two connections so that they will not short out against one another in use.

Hoot

vmod.jpg

Edit: (01/30/03) A 1 meg ohm pot was found to be a better choice and this mod also works on the A7V8X.

Hoot

Hoot said:
I have posted this so many times, I'm beginning to get blue in the face, but if you want to be able to adjust your overvolt continuously all you have to do is supstitute a 250k ohm linear taper potentiometer in place of the shorting clip on the jumper. You can then mount the potentiometer somewhere on the front of your case and without opening it up, or fiddling with the bios, you can set the core voltage for whatever you want. In the following picture, pay attention to which lugs I used on the potentiometer. Those two insure that the voltage goes up as you rotate it clockwise. I scrounged the 2 pin plug from my junk parts. I left the heat shrink off of the solder connections to the jumper for the sake of the picture. Normally you want to insulate these two connections so that they will not short out against one another in use.

Hoot

vmod.jpg

Edit: (01/30/03) A 1 meg ohm pot was found to be a better choice and this mod also works on the A7V8X.

Hoot

a 1/4W pot i suppose? :)

I stand corrected from my previous response that you can no longer change the vcore in the bios once you use enable the overvolt jumper.

The overvolt jumper will add approximately .2v to .3v to whatever your vcore is set in the bios. Not really sure exactly since I'm using a pot like hoot suggested.
With my vcore set at 1.85v in the bios, my vcore range with the pot is 2v~2.29v.

Back