• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Tornado 92*92*38

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

kulki

Hi,
I have SLK900A HS with the vantec stealth fan. However my CPU 2600+ runs too hot 46c when idle. SO I bought myself the tornado fan to replace the vantec stealth one. But I just realized that its a case fan and not a cpu fan? When people talk about the 92mm tornado fan used for CPU's what fan is that? I am upset because I just wasted 20 bucks on afan that I cannot even use.

There's only one flavor of vantech tornado (not specialized ones for 'case' or 'cpu'). This is generally true among all fans. The larger fans such as 80 mm, 92 mm and 120 mm are usually called 'case fans' by the manufacturer since the duty they are most likely to perform is that of moving air around inside of a case. You'll have no problems using that tornado 'case fan' on your cpu heatsink.

I dont quite see how is it going to fit? The fan looks gigantic. I was googling but could not find with any instructions on how to put together a tornado with SLK900A. On another note this fan is just way too noisy. I bought this case http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=11-133-126&depa=1 from newegg.com. It seems that it has a fan controller. How the heck do I use the controller. There seems to be no documentation that came with the case. Plz help.
thanks

well I see now that the fan controller actually works. I was somehow expecting that at the minumum setting the fan would just stop. It does not do that. But i see that it does reduce the speed a little bit. Anyways if some one could provide me a link which describes installing tornado with SLK900A that would be great.
thanks

Installation should be the same as on my ole' 947, they are virtualy identicle.

First, you have to unscrew the metal fan grill. It takes up the holes the clips grab. Now, go and get the 90mm clips that came with your heatsink. Right now you have the 80 on. Next, put the clips on the heatsink, and clip the fan to the heatsink.

If you look real close at the pic, Bogie provided, you can see the fan clip holes in the HS..For a 92mm X 38mm fan use the holes towards the top of the HS. There are 3 holes for the fan clips at each corner of the HS..

x3-900A.gif

please don't quote my pic.:)

Last edited:
Back