• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

HL2 PRELOADING Aug 17TH!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Ha my BS meter is probably gonaa break. This was probably released by Gabe to bring some hype back to HL2 since Doom3 is really owning the charts.

Turd Furguson said:
Ha my BS meter is probably gonaa break. This was probably released by Gabe to bring some hype back to HL2 since Doom3 is really owning the charts.

You have the coolest name ever!

haha, its a big hat. Its funny because its big.

Edit:

Man, the first time I saw that was on lunch at work and we had all worked doubles (about 16 hours straight), were tired and a bit loopy. There were about 5 of us and we laughed for about 10 minutes straight.

Last edited:
There is a CZ available on Steam. Not the normal one it seems unless their update changed the color of the Icon. They still want you to pay for it/upgrade/whatnot.

Oni said:
What's a pre-load? Something to do w/ Steam, right?

It's not like a release date or anything?

Pre-loading is DLing the game now, so it just has to be activated vs. trying to download it off a crowded server the day it is released.

EDIT: I should have said large parts of the game vs the game, as it infers the entire game.

Last edited:
OC Noob said:
You have the coolest name ever!

haha, its a big hat. Its funny because its big.

Edit:

Man, the first time I saw that was on lunch at work and we had all worked doubles (about 16 hours straight), were tired and a bit loopy. There were about 5 of us and we laughed for about 10 minutes straight.

I got called that in College due to my mustache and hair.

A) I dont understand why you guys dont believe it. You guys know how much the first delay hurt hl2, i doubt gabe would blow smoke up the.
B) I like Celeb Jeopardy
C) If you guys want to preload CS:S you can download a file from the internet. Is 100% legal. Gabe himself even said that it is legal, but that its stupid to do it b/c theres no point to it. If you want pm me for the link.

Last edited:
There have been tons of rumors about HL2 coming out in the next month or so, it could be true. I won't get excited until its in my grubby little hands though... or when I get the call from EB.

There have been tons of rumors like OC Noob said, CS:S is beta testing this month, someone at hl2world.com e-mail Gabe in mid July and asked how close, and he responded that by aug 5th it would be pretty much bug free.

@Turd Furguson: Yes, you have a hilarious name. I love that sketch, one of my favorites.

With that said, I just read an article on ign.com about this. I believe it will happen, they are not going to preload the entire game, just the stuff that won't change between now and its final release, just like the article said. It doesn't mean its going to be released on Aug 17th, we still don't know how far away the actual release is.

well I suppose next tuesday isnt long to wait to see if its true...plus whats the exacts of this pre-loading? are they giving part of games content to spread out demand on the steam network...are they giving the full game cache with that delayed activation? - I imagine the latter would see some clevel soul playing HL2 on the 17th - and probably the rest of the world playing it on the 18th which isn't the best of scenario if they dont want it released then

is it jsut me or are they just ASKING for it to be pirated...giving it away for download...makes it ALOT easyer to pirate it...sigh,

well its less then 7 days away and we will all see. preloading means its downloading to your computer if you let it and the whole cache files will be downloaded....

then after its finished preloading and the guys at steam say "YOU CAN PLAY" the cache files get activated and you can play it after you pay.
and the thing about downloading it and it getting pirated. the steam system is harder to crack then a game cd... cause you do need to activate it on your steam account!

steam is pretty clever when it comes to copy protection.

anyway the game will be available to download before we can get it in the shops I reccon just like doom3.

Back