• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

yeh this is great

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

blackhabit

just wanted to tell everyone that i am now running linux and i love it, thanks for having all this info and converting me it was very simple to set up and i will now be using it 100% of the time it is great, a queston about flash or shockwave, any alternatives to them? but it doens't really matter. thanks again.

i have another question, i know i said i would be using linux full time but i just realized that maybe for right now i should use it part of the time and work out everything that i might have problems with, ok to my question i install mandrake 9 on a different harddrive and now i added my noraml drive with xp pro on it on the same ide cable my mobo is gay and they only gave my enough controlls things for two harddrives or a harddrive and a cd drive, unless you double up on the ide cables which i did for the cd drive ( a burner and a plaino 56X)so i will just live with it untill my upgrade (soon)but what i want to do is depending on what operating system i what to use i will just go in my bios and switch the boot order for the harddrives which i am doing right now.but i guess when i installed linux i only put in my other drive the smaller one that has linux on it now and not the other one with xp on it so when i switch the boot order windows xp boots fine and the other way linux boots fine except it tells me it wants to find the kernel on the ide-0 cable which is xp and ide-1 is linux so when install linux it was ide-0 but now it is ide-1 if you get what i am saying ( i hope it is clear) wait i got an idea run windows as slave and linux as master let me try it and i will get back to you real soon if any other ideas come to mind let me know and i will see if this works thanks alot.

Last edited:
yep that is what worked i just switch the hard drive in ther placement on the ide cable and now i can boot either operating system very pleased with my work thanks for the help and yeah what about the shockwave or flash thing??

blackhabit said:
yep that is what worked i just switch the hard drive in ther placement on the ide cable and now i can boot either operating system very pleased with my work thanks for the help and yeah what about the shockwave or flash thing??

Glad to hear all worked out.

What shockwave/flash thing?

There is a flash plugin for Linux, made by Macromedia themselves.

Back