• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ISO amount question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

bubba gump

Okay, ive never downloaded FreeBSD before, and i see it on linuxiso.org, im thinkin of givin it a try once i have some time to install it and i got a question.

There is 2 different install discs. One says minimal install, and the other is like standard install.

The question is, do i need the minimal disc, and the standard disc to get a standard install? or just the standard?

sorry if this is a really n00bish question, but my mind is really shot for some reason today...=\

Thanks
:D

Most likely, you would only need the standard disc sets, CD1 would contain the basic install scripts and kernel, the following discs 2-4 would contain the applications and ports to use.

The minimal CD is probably for a simplistic installation of a basic FreeBSD system.

BSD

I bet they even have floppy install disks. I installed OpenBSD this afternoon from a single floppy.

Back