• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

[ASUS P5N-E SLI nForce 650i] how to flash bios without an older CPU

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

undefind

Registered
is there any way to flash the bios so my MB will support my E8400? i have read a few posts on ASUS's website and it turns out that some older BIOS versions do not support the E8400. currently the comp will not post and i would like to get it working without buying another CPU.

thank you.

Really there's no other way. You need a cpu in order to flash the bios. You don't have an older 775 chip? Noway of getting a cheap one?

Really there's no other way. You need a cpu in order to flash the bios. You don't have an older 775 chip? Noway of getting a cheap one?

im not really sure where i can get one. i guess icould go to fry's which is an hour away and see if they have some really old 775's...

Dam 1hr away? :( Well just get a cheap 775 chip. Doesn't have to be the best one. All you want it for is to flash the bios on the board, then just take it back for a refund. See if they have OEM (without the sink).

After flashing the bios, be sure you clean the chip spotless and just return it for a refund ;)

Can't flash the board without a chip my friend. Oh, you do have a floppy drive? You gonna need it to flash.

Or you could send it to asus and demand a board with a newer BIOS.

Although asus + tech support = bad

Back