• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Spyware Challenge! You Got The Guts There, Nerd Master!?!? (free Prize Inside)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

I.M.O.G.

Glorious Leader
Spyware Challenge! You Got The Guts There, Nerd Master!?!? (Free Prize Inside)

Thats right, I think Joel's spyware could slap your spyware's *** and call it Sally. Yeah, I said it, and there ain't nothing your spyware can do about it. :D

HOW TO WIN:

1) GET AS MANY SPYWARE INFECTIONS AS POSSIBLE.

That is the only rule. Geet 'er Dun!

FREE PRIZE:

The winner of this contest will receive the grand prize of a free custom rank change, of their choice.

This rank change is sponsored by OCForums administration

ENDING DATE:

Last entries accepted on October 1st until 12 midnight EDT. Winner will be announced soon thereafter.

LEADERS BOARD:

Joel has won the contest and is the winner of the custom rank with 115,034 critical objects found through a successfully completed adaware scan. SCREENSHOT AND LOGFILE HERE

Congrats Joel! Send me a PM or email and let me know what you would like your rank changed to!

NOT REGISTERED IN THE FORUMS BUT HAVE QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS?

Email: [email protected]

Include "OCForums" in the subject or text if you want your message to be found.

Think the prize sucks? Email me about donating your main rig!

Last edited:
Contest Details

Q: BUT IMOG, I DON'T WANT TO DESTROY MY SYSTEM, YOU BLUBBERING DOLT!?!

A: Have no fear, young padowan. Installing a copy of deep freeze is free and will return your PC to whatever state you freeze it in before you participate - it takes the same amount of time that it does to reboot your computer. It's the choice of a lesser man, but I won't respect you any less. Download here.

Install this then freeze your PC before attempting - Rebooting will return your PC to the exact state it was in prior to your participation. This means participating will not affect your system at all.

RULES:

There are now two ways to become a winner in this contest:

1) Legitimately get the most recognized objects on your system.
2) Legitimately get the most spyware infections - # of files, reg keys, and such does not matter here, each infection counts as only one, no matter how many files are related to it.

Spyware items recognized by adaware will count. This means that not only do you need to have the most spyware, but you also MUST be able to complete an adaware scan.

No hoaxing results. Any part of an infection which appears hoaxed will be thrown out.

You must post a screen shot in this thread, to reflect your level of infection, and attach a ZIPPED logfile of the scan to your post. I will determine the winner, and the decision will be final. Depending on the (un)popularity of this challenge, the contest may be run again at a later time.

FREE ADVICE:

It would be wise for you to use deepfreeze or to be planning a format, or have a reimage plan before doing this. Did someone say backup? Nah, those are for sissies. ;)

People will be curious, so post your OS and service pack level along with the approximate time you estimate it took you to accumulate your total.

Multiple entries are welcome.

[DISCLAIMER]

All participation, though your success will be a directly proportional indication of the measure of your manhood, and besides the fact that opting out will forever echo your name in the infinite halls of ultimate sissydom, is COMPLETELY VOLUNTARY. I.M.O.G., his relatives, pets, third-cousins from West Virginia, as well as OCForums take no responsibility for any results of this challenge. Bottom line, if you can't fix it, or won't be happy when your system melts down... Just remain a sissy, nerd peasant. ;)

[/DISCLAIMER]

Last edited:
Are you suggesting we actually do this to ourselves? Not find someone else's computer that's screwed up?

"It's a jump to conclusions...mat!"
"That is the worse idea I’ve ever heard in my life, Tom."
"Yes, it is horrible."

You know...I just might go ahead and do this.

:D

Ah yes, the voice of the sissy rings through. ;) j/k

I am going to try it a few times atleast, I have an image backed up so if I want to do that it will only take me 10 minutes or so to bring my system back up. Or I might just use a trial of deep freeze, and it will only take me a reboot to get back to normal.

I didn't want to make this any easier on anyone... But I will include some help for the weak ones among us, here is a free trial download link:

deep freeze standard free trial

Install this then freeze your PC before attempting - Rebooting will return your PC to the exact state it was in prior to your participation. This means participating will not affect your system at all.

haha nice contest you got here.. unique to screw up ur comp lol.. dont you keep gettin spyware if you keep refreshin a site with spyware on it? or other stuff?

A given site will typically only grant you a certain amount of spyware (they feature a certain payload, once infected, there is no more to receive), then you will need to move on to somewhere else to get something different.

Hint: Download "free" screensavers ;)

I.M.O.G. said:
though your success will be a directly proportional indication of the measure of your manhood, and besides the fact that opting out will forever echo your name in the infinite halls of ultimate sissydom,

best quote evah :clap:

If only you could've posted this a week sooner IMOG, a client brought me the most messed up P.O.S. I've ever seen in my entire life...

heh, i'm thinking about doing a Clean-install of windows anyways.

I havn't even TRIED doing this yet, and i did a scan, already found 52 of them with Adaware.

i don't know if i even want to try. due to the fact, i try to NOT get spyware on my system, and i have 52 of them on it now. imagine if i actually TRIED.....this doesn't seem like its TO hard to win...

but i'm still thinking if i should try this or not.

i need to Clean-install anyways due to Spyware, Viruses, and just overall, its about time for a Clean-install anyways.

Not too hard? I'm interested to see if someone that is trying can beat someone who gets it by normal browsing habits. I think that is the real challenge. ;)

BTW, if you are using the latest version of adaware, a lot of those adaware entries were likely just MRU lists that are not threats at all, but normal windows features which track what you do on your system.

Back