• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Can I overclock my AMD Phenom II X6 1035t ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Yes, w/ SetFSB. The M3400 utilizes the ICS9LPRS475BGLF clock generator, the same as the HP Pavilion P6537C/P6520F/P6610F/P6612P series, all of which SetFSB supports.

Yes, w/ SetFSB. The M3400 utilizes the ICS9LPRS475BGLF clock generator, the same as the HP Pavilion P6537C/P6520F/P6610F/P6612P series, all of which SetFSB supports.
Can you tell me what to change/what to do ?
As I have no idea, are you sure doing this wont brick my computer ?

almost all computers can be overclocked; it's a matter of how much. Safe? Break things? depends. If you add a 5-10% overclock, it should be stable and have little to no effect on the life of the hardware. Beyond that, you'll need proper cooling and stability test to get 15-25% overclock.

you should read this, amazing. http://www.overclockers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=596023
so for a normal computer overclocking is useless with out a good cooling system ?
I just want to make my Phenom at peak performance but keeping to safe and not damaging the computer components or the computer its self.
I just want my computer to be a little faster. Does upping the Ghz make it faster ? and is that safe ?

Last edited:
you can get an extra 5-10% on the stock cooler; and with simply adding like 20 clicks to the FSB (front side bus). You should however look in to CPUZ Hardware Monitor software, run this 24/7 and monitor the core temps and other temps. Im not sure on the 1035t, but you need to look around and confirm, but for my PHII 925 the sweet spot is below 55 degree C. with aftermarket cooling (hyper212) my temps dropped 20-15C (quite worth the $40); as i'm almost getting an extra 1ghz of speed.

you can get an extra 5-10% on the stock cooler; and with simply adding like 20 clicks to the FSB (front side bus). You should however look in to CPUZ Hardware Monitor software, run this 24/7 and monitor the core temps and other temps. Im not sure on the 1035t, but you need to look around and confirm, but for my PHII 925 the sweet spot is below 55 degree C. with aftermarket cooling (hyper212) my temps dropped 20-15C (quite worth the $40); as i'm almost getting an extra 1ghz of speed.

How much extra Ghz could I get on a stock cooler ? I wanna get atleast 3.0Ghz, atm, my cpu gets 2.6Ghz, would 5%-10% increase it to 3.0 ?
And how can I do this ? (20 click to FSB ) and is it simple ? Can you link me to a tut

the problem is all PC manufactures thought it would be fun to use different terminology... DOH! this is a learning process. yes, jumping up the FSB by about 20 clicks maybe all you need to do; but you need to double check settings in CPUZ, heat in hw monitor and test stability in Prime95

This means you NEED to read this guide... http://www.overclockers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=596023 you NEED to boot up in to your BIOS and look around, find the settings you can change, see what they're named, and see what affect they have. you NEED to seach OC.com for your mobo and others to see what settings these people have changed. you NEED at least HWmonitor/CPUZ/prime95 for monitoring settings/heat and testing stability. <--- from all this, you should easily be able to find that 10% your stock cooler would allow.

the problem is all PC manufactures thought it would be fun to use different terminology... DOH! this is a learning process. yes, jumping up the FSB by about 20 clicks maybe all you need to do; but you need to double check settings in CPUZ, heat in hw monitor and test stability in Prime95

This means you NEED to read this guide... http://www.overclockers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=596023 you NEED to boot up in to your BIOS and look around, find the settings you can change, see what they're named, and see what affect they have. you NEED to seach OC.com for your mobo and others to see what settings these people have changed. you NEED at least HWmonitor/CPUZ/prime95 for monitoring settings/heat and testing stability. <--- from all this, you should easily be able to find that 10% your stock cooler would allow.
I Cant boot up BIOS, as I have a acer m3400 mobo, can I still use the SetFBS app ? Would 5% be ok on a stock cooler ?

Back