• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How to power monitor on and off automatically through HDMI

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

d.chatten

I have my PC connected to my Monitor/TV (LG 22LS4R) via DVI > HDMI cable, but, when i push the power button on my PC to turn the system on the monitor doesn't power on automatically, i have to turn the monitor on manualy, also, when i power the system off the monitor doesn't go into standby mode and i also have to turn it off manually.

Is there any way that i can have the monitor turning on and off automatically when i turn my PC on and off?

Would i need a graphics card that has an HDMI port for this to work?

Does HDMI support this feature and would it even work with a graphics card that has HDMI?

Thanks!

There is no setting for dpms, there is a setting for auto off but the tv only turns off after ten minutes of not receiving a signal.

What does dpms stand for?

I thought that HDMI enabled graphics cards would have turned the tv on and off using the remote features of the HDMI interface.

Last edited:
Back