• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Can someone that reads Chinese translate this for me NV30 data?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Silversinksam

Moderator/ Silver Paste Taster©
http://www.pcpop.com.cn/view.asp?type=news&id=7722

3DMark 2001
2002-8-20-9-59-43.jpg

If this info is correct the person that called me an Nvidiot will be eating crow soon :rolleyes:

i think www.av.com (altavista) has a translator that handles web pages

EDIT:

it works, but it takes some deciphering. oh well, kinda entertaining to figure it out ;)

actually, incredibly entertaining: "Eldest child's position how could easily cups one hand in the other across the chest to resign"

... whatever that means

sorry, not much help, its like talking to fresh immigrants with a chinese english dictionary... still sounds like chinese :(

Last edited:
Silversinksam said:

3DMark 2001
2002-8-20-9-59-43.jpg

If this info is correct the person that called me an Nvidiot will be eating crow soon :rolleyes:

Now we are talking big, real big. This could be the last vid card needed for awhile. Would be great, allow one to concentrate on cpu, mobo, ram, cooling, etc. Yes, if true, really big.;) ;)

Edit: Yep, big, really, really big. Note to self, be happy with radeon 8500...save money....wait.....work on other projects. Really big, damn big (sorry young'uns).:(

PreservedSwine said:
You are really reaching if you think the a yet to be taped out card is running 3dmark.

This is just a made up graph that's been circulating.

Now I do not purport to support (kind of rhymes) any brand however I do know that the 9700 falls short of getting the job done. I do not think Nvidia will make the same mistake in its offering. Hold on to money and wait...yes, wait. Need new psu for the tecs anyway, smoked the psu (35 amps:( ) and need to replace it. Setup for new cpu would be a better move possibly.

PreservedSwine said:
You are really reaching if you think the a yet to be taped out card is running 3dmark.

This is just a made up graph that's been circulating.

What am I reaching for? I like both ATI and Nvidia, I just dont like being called an Nvidiot......Time will tell if the graphs tell a true story :rolleyes:

Ok Johnnie Cochran....:D

If you're thinking this graph holds ANY indication of what the NV30 is all about...it's nothing but HOGWASH.

The supposed specs between the NV30 and the R9700 are quite similair, so although the NV30 may be alittle faster, do not expect to be blown away. If the R9700 falls short in your opinion (which it doesn't, in mine:) ) I think you'd be better off waiting until the NV35 hits the shelves.
There aren't any changes that can be made to the NV30, it's too late in the game for that, and Nvidia has been caught with thier pants down for the next 4-5 months. After that, I expect the NV30 to give the R9700 a run for it's money. I expect the NV30 to to a superior card, being .13micron, but time will tell. Speaking of money, be prepared to spend MUCH$$ for the NV30 when it comes out.

BTW have you noticed how the GeforceTi4600 and R9700 are quite close in many application w/out the use of AA and AF. Although I assumed most people would understand that is due to cpu limitations, I just don't think they're getting it. Once cpu limitations are removed (by adding FSAA and AF, for example) the Ti4600 gets crushed by the R9700. Twice as fast to as much as 5 times as fast. Just wait till cpu's get a bit quicker, and the R9700 advantage will only grow over the Ti4600.

Back to the topic of the thread- that graph may be a simulation of theoretical performance at best. Fact is, the NV30 at least a quarter of a year away, AT BEST. After that, the R350 will soon roll off the assembly line....then another 3-5 months waiting for the NV35.... and so on, and so on... and so on:)

What am I reaching for? I like both ATI and Nvidia, I just dont like being called an Nvidiot......Time will tell if the graphs tell a true story
Ummm I didn't call you an Nvidiot?:confused:

I think both companies are quality as well, I just thought I'd point out it would be a little tough for the yet to be taped out NV30 to be running 3dmark- it's a stretch, that's all:)

Checkthis thread. We've already been through this. It was pretty much decided unamiously that its fake. CPU limitations make those scores impossible, even if a working NV30 did exist, and somehow was given to this obscure website. Its just "guesstimations" based on theory. Don't beleive anything until they can show you some real hardware. How can anyone beleive these scores in the first place? Geeze :rolleyes:

-Rav

Silversinksam said:

3DMark 2001
2002-8-20-9-59-43.jpg

Translation:

"With the arrival of Ati Radeon 9700 GPU, it really makes our eyes brighten. Not only its performence is out of this world, its hype is also overtaking the GF4 Ti4600, which dominated for the past half year. So will Nvidia really just lie down and do nothing?

No 1 spot isn't that easy to give up, and looks like Nvidia is keeping quite for now, concentrating on their "finishing" move. This "finishing" move might well be the up coming NV30, and its aiming directly at ATI R300.

Actually me and the rest of you are the same, really wondering what kind of performence will get with the Nvidia NV30, can it really beat Ati R300...so in order to fullfill your needs now, this is some early stage of NV30's benching scores, so now lets see what can the NV30 do."

This is the best I can do for translating it :D

Rav said:
Checkthis thread. We've already been through this. It was pretty much decided unamiously that its fake. CPU limitations make those scores impossible, even if a working NV30 did exist, and somehow was given to this obscure website. Its just "guesstimations" based on theory. Don't beleive anything until they can show you some real hardware. How can anyone beleive these scores in the first place? Geeze :rolleyes:

-Rav

I must say that I found nothing conclusive in the thread. I am obligated to stand with Silversinksam however I am more interested in the oc'ed AMD at 2.5Ghz. Please oh please let it be on air. If it is on air then fun times ahead on the competitive front and even a Ti4600 should perform rather nicely.:D

Silver said:

I do know that the 9700 falls short of getting the job done

What! If by falling short you mean making AntiA and AnisF a playable option at all resolutions. I think any card that can be twice to five times as fast as the previous top of the line card is sure getting the job done, regardless of brand!

-Rav

Guys, just to inject a little bit of reality into this thread....

No way will the NV30 pull off 25,000+ 3dmarks. That's just lunacy. It is cpu limited just like many other games and benchmarks. It just doens't add up:)

i ran 3DMark on a duron 750Mhz and got about 2750, i ran it again when i got my XP1600 and scored about 2825. it doesn't seem to be that CPU dependent to me.

john240sx said:
i ran 3DMark on a duron 750Mhz and got about 2750, i ran it again when i got my XP1600 and scored about 2825. it doesn't seem to be that CPU dependent to me.

Thats prett sad- you might want to check your set-up.

Your's is a poor example, however....

Your video card is not exactly state of the art....

Check out many of the reviews that mention cpu scaling, and how it can affect your results. You'll soon see that 3dmark is indeed cpu limited, and a new video card simply add that much performance. There are many computations that are still cpu dependant, and if you can't get the algorithms to the gpu fast enough, you just won't see a whole lot of impovement. 25000+3d marks on todays hardeware just isn't a reality, especially when you consider the the similarities of the NV30 and R9700. Other than .13 micron, and what should be a faster core and clock, there just isn't much difference
:)

Last edited:
Silversinksam said:
Thanks for translating that Kato....much obliged ;)

PS Silver, If I could get a 2.5 AMD I might make the switch to the dark side ;)

And the lord said, "Let there be light" and there was.;)

john240sx said:

It would appear that your system might be limited by your vid card. The new vid cards are limited by the cpu. Sorry about that. Your system will (I promise) turn out bigger numbers with a little newer card. My 1600 oc'ed put a ti200 over 10g. Sorry?:(

Obviously that is just speculation about how the card will perform, the first nv30 chip was just tapped out last week... they may not even have it in a working card yet, nevermind working drivers.

I have seen many comments about these "benchmarks" but no one has read the fine print at the bottom of the page:

note: Above tests the result certainly does not represent the NV30 final performance, only uses for everybody reference. Welcome everybody enthusiastically to participate the discussion

Even in broken english that seems to be saying those are not real results, just speculation or extrapolation. Im not saying that nv30 cant acheive those numbers (although my feeling is that it wont) but we will just have to wait and see what happens, as always.

BTW that quote is taken from the translated version here.

Alas, we have been found out. I agree that it is most likely an extrapolation. Does give one hope though. Regardless, I think that unless it makes use of an on board processor that the cpu would be the limiting factor for awhile. Might consider researching cpus to more accurately find out what performance level one might achieve.

Back