• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Just finished The Mafia

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Scant7

Yes I know it's a little late to just finish the single player, I've had this game for a while now, but only played a lil here and a lil there, because I was finishing up/occupied with other games.. today I played Mafia for about 5 hours straight and finished the game.

I have to say that the Mafia is one of the best single player games that I have ever played, and everything about this game was awesome. If you haven't played it yet, you should! :D

yep, it's a great game. i completed it in about two weeks my first time through, i just went through it again a few weeks ago and completed it in just under a week. i think it's almost as fun to just free roam as it is to actually do the missions :)

Mafia have the best ending in any game i have ever seen till now although the last level was kinda pain and that racing level was too much frustrating argh!

i wonder if there would be any sequel :)

baqai said:
i wonder if there would be any sequel :)

when it was first released i read something about a possible sequel but there hasn't been anything mentioned since then that i'm aware of. i'm actually surprised there isn't a few mods out for it yet, it should be similar to GTA3 and there's a few mods for that one.

I agree...Mafia just plain rocked. The ending was great, but the whole story was great too. The driving did get annoying once in a while, but overall it wasn't that bad. Stealing cars WAS good fun though, lol. I didn't learn for a few missions that I could carjack people, lol. that was good times.....I escaped the cops so many times by carjacking people. I stole a police car once, but it never showed up in my garage, heh......the police AI is sketchy at parts....I once escaped capture by running in a circle until they were far away enough where I could get in a car and drive off before they could get into theirs, rofl.....oh, and trapping their car will render them useless, because they will get in it and try and chase you, lol.

heh, the first thing I noticed was that they used the max payne engine......the loading screens are identical, lol.

anyhow, Mafia is an EXCELLENT game. Free Ride Extreme got boring after a few missions, so I gave up on it....heh.

True that,

The driving did get annoying once and a while.. and almost everytime I sped, the police were always chasing me.. one time I was running from a police car for like 10 mins, I finally stopped the car and killed them.. that was the end of them. The last mission was very hard.. and took me a long time but it was all worth it :)

Back