• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Are you ready?!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I doubt if my son's new x1900 AIW for his b'day present new conroe rig will be back from RMA by then :bang head:

... but maybe my new 1900XTX will be here by then :shrug:

I wonder if ati will come out with a folder's edition?

So, whats all of your power bill's gonna be like having that power beast running 100% 24/7, along with your CPU at 100%, LOL

I wanna hear some before/after bills :p

Don't forget to put a good fan everyplace the case allows. If it doesn't have one blowing in on the GPU, mod one in.

Seven, you're out of luck on the 9800. It isn't going to be supported.

hitbyaprkedcar7 said:
So, whats all of your power bill's gonna be like having that power beast running 100% 24/7, along with your CPU at 100%, LOL

I wanna hear some before/after bills :p
An X1900XT card uses about 120 watts at full load in 3D mode, so it's a little more than an AMD CPU and a little less than an Intel CPU. ;)

ChasR said:
Don't forget to put a good fan everyplace the case allows.
LOL, I have 12 (Twelve) 120mm fans in my case and yes it IS quiet - all 23dBa and my GPU is H2O cooled. I think I'll be OK :D

moboangle.jpg

ChasR: Damn. Time to buy a new rig, muahaha.

I really do like Nikh's rig, although I do have an idea of my own for a gigantic Lian-Li or Silverstone tower case.

I just need to get my funds together and build a monster.

Talking about a fair investment in vid cards. Think I will hang out, watch, listen and learn. Then decide what I shall do.

So what's the absolute dirt-cheapest card I can get for gpu folding? Many months ago I was hoping to fold on my 7600gt but since that's not going to happen, this is a great excuse for an upgrade. But if I can find some cards for cheap enough, I'll just farm the hell out of 'em:D

Back