• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Amd64 2800+

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Buhammot

superpi.jpg

ADA2800AEP4AX
CBAVC 0420TPMW
9764412E40176

Currently running 267x9 and mem is at 440mhz. Memory is currently not optimized as I havent messed with ocin mem too much as of yet. 40s in Super Pi, stability tests pending. Rig in sig, and looks like i have a long way to go.

I am happy that this time, they sent the right processor, the NewCastle, rather than the clawhammer. The hammer capped out at 2.2, while I have yet to find the top for this one.

Edited for Super Pi update, from 42s to 40!

Last edited:
cool....thats a decent overclock...is there a point to this thread?

Ha-ha, the guy's just posting the codes he found on his CPU and sharing with us what it can do, that's always useful.

Good luck, you're leaving even the most extreme overclocked Barton mobiles in the dust because of 64's superior architecture...

yes nice inicial clocks, especially out of the 2800+ :p , and is it me, or is that at 1.55 vcore.

keep us posted, im intersted in knowing the upper limit of the 2800+NC on air :thup:

yes the posting of ones results is very important, if it wasnt for that the world of overclocking wouldnt get to far. it is important that we share anything we learn, or any experiences we have, thats how we learn by experience, and if we all had to learn it own our own then we would all be lost. and that is the point of this thread(as well as manyothers) :cool:

Well, i was typing in the title, and somehow it managed to submit the post. I will see if I can get a mod to change it, or leave it. But Basically I want to know what other people are getting with a 2800+ and what voltages they are running. I, however, know that I cannot tell the CPU temp cause the bios's sensor is way off. But the voltage is supposed to be stock of 1.5v on the cpu. However, It would seem that anything over 2.4ghz is not worth it, cause I get about 10.5k in sandra even after going higher. Can anyone else confirm this?

superamd, if you go down to 2.3ghz, about what is the sandra score then? But i am also on stock cooling, so I am playing the dangerous game too.

superamd said:
here is mine @1.5

:eek: :drool: wow that is amazing, at only 1.5vcore?

im inpressed. what can it do w/ more vcore, you should be ok w/ at least 1.6vcore on stock cooling.

Well, my mobo overvolts it a bit, but it would seem that I cannot hit 2.5ghz with mine. But still, when the CH was only hittin low 9k overclocked to 2.2, i think it is worth it. But the improvement in games is quite noticeable. Just remember, I am a budget overclocker! Cheap parts all the way!
desktop2.jpg

is your ram at 1:1, if so id say that your sandra Rambandwith is rather interesting ;)

buhammot said:
Just remember, I am a budget overclocker! Cheap parts all the way!

yeah thats what overclocking is all about.
For $150 i just about can see a use for AXP-M anymore, i just really wish that the 2800+claws didnt do so bad.

Yea, I got the NC 2800+ after I RMA'd the CH. But my mem cant handle those speeds... That is over 500mhz! And my stuff is Geil Value PC3200! Either way, my mem benches super sux. Still, I am very happy and would like to see yet more 2800+'s. I know we have more out there.

I remember they sent you the wrong CH.

Since it is a 2800+ NC with x9 max multiplier, your FSB (HTT) has to get above 270 MHz to fully maximize the CPU.

E.g.
to get 2.5 GHz CPU, FSB = 2500 / 9 = 277.8 MHz
to get 2.6 GHz CPU, FSB = 2600 / 9 = 288.9 MHz (with better cooling)

As a result, if the memory module cannot handle such high bus frequency using 1:1 memory:FSB ratio, the 166:200 or 5:6 ratio would be needed.

The OCZ EB 3700 would probably be able to do 270 - 280 MHz with 1:1 ratio.

At 1:1 ratio, the memory divider = 9
At 5:6 ratio, the memory divider = 11

With good PC3200/3500 memory, one can try the 5:6 memory:FSB ratio with tighter timing, and should be doable as follows:
CPU at 2.5 GHz, FSB at 277.8 MHz, memory = 2500 / 11 = 227.3 MHz
CPU at 2.6 GHz, FSB at 288.9 MHz, memory = 2600 / 11 = 236.4 MHz
These would probably be the best setup for your current 754 system on air.

hitechjb1 said:
The OCZ EB 3700 would probably be able to do 270 - 280 MHz with 1:1 ratio.

I would love to see that... mine was having trouble in memtest86 at 250fsb while running at 3.2vdimm. stock timings.

dreIU said:
I would love to see that... mine was having trouble in memtest86 at 250fsb while running at 3.2vdimm. stock timings.

I don't have hand on experience with the OCZ EB.
I agree, 270-280 MHz is a stretch without mod and luck. 250 MHz is more achievable in average case.

I never had a good mobo for overclocking the memory, so I know that I have yet to find the real cap for that. I will be looking into it further, as I already have this PC3200 runnin at 440mhz ish.I know I had to loosten the timings abit, but the sticks are getting quite warm.

Help from the memory section will be needed for that stuff, but for now... Doom 3

Since your FSB (HTT) is running in the 260 MHz range and your memory is in the 220 MHz range,
are you running the memory to FSB at a ratio of 166:200 or 5:6?

The options I have are a theoretical limit of, 100, 133, 166 and 200mhz on the mem. However, this is only if the fsb is 200, so i think it is like a 5:6 ratio.

Buhammot said:
The options I have are a theoretical limit of, 100, 133, 166 and 200mhz on the mem. However, this is only if the fsb is 200, so i think it is like a 5:6 ratio.

So... I dont understand how that works... what if your fsb/htt is at someting like 250 and your mem is at 240? what ratio is that, or is that even doable?

hitechjb1 said:

no if he had a 166:200 ration in bios, and was runnig 9x250, then the ram would be at "Htt x (cpu multiplier/11)", or in this case, HTT x (9/11)

250 x (9/11)= 204mhz ram speed

so you cant have 250HTT and 240 ram :( would be nice though

and now he is running 9x269htt, w/ 166/200

so thats 269 x (9/11) =220mhz ram speed :thup:

BTW hitechjb1, awsome sticky...

Last edited:
my kv8-pro agp/pci locks dont work so I cant go much faster than the screenie without video or sata becoming unstable. Its a shame cause I think this chip could go a lot faster with a better board. I cant believe abit would release a board that doesnt work like advertised. BTW I had to put htt @ 600 (3x multi) to get this speed. the 4x multi ade no post (1080mhz).

screenie.JPG

Back