• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How to solve the small font problem in Internet Explorer

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

blackjackel

Use this trick to change font sizes on webpages in real time.
Works on firebird and other webbrowsers too.

- Go to any webpage

- Click on the page (not on a link in the page)

- Hold CTRL and roll up and down your mousewheel

Hint: This trick works here too!!!

have fun! =)

well ive been trying to figure this out for years, and i just figured it out.... lol

im like... why the hell are my internet explorer font sizes changing randomly? and today i was screwing around and figured it out

I knew about that ever since i started using Firebird from Mozilla. Mozilla Firebird lets you get the font till a single letter fills up your screen hehe. So i guess Firebird is the winner of enlarging fonts on sites. ^^

Amongst many other things.

I dont even use internet explorer anymore, i infact deleted all but one internet explorer link just so that i dont accidentally click on it one day.

blackjackel said:
Amongst many other things.

I dont even use internet explorer anymore, i infact deleted all but one internet explorer link just so that i dont accidentally click on it one day.

There's really a way to remove IE from your computer? I thought it's like integrated into XP though. =/

sup3rcarrx8 said:

There's really a way to remove IE from your computer? I thought it's like integrated into XP though. =/

I think he said he just got rid of the shortcuts. I deleted them all too so it's just in the IE folder (in Program Files), unfortunatly I havn't taken the time to re-do the associations with some programs so when I open up links in some apps it brings up IE :(
As far as I know there isn't a way to get completly rid of it, and if there is it's with some serious work (like those Windows 98 Lite and XP Lite OSs might not have them - thats a lot of work).

On the original post; I am right with Sophisticated. The thing is, the feature annoys me more than it does anything, because with FireFox I get the font I want all the time and I accidentally change it :rolleyes:

Internet explorer is part of the windows shell.

You can NEVER delete internet explorer without deleteing windows explorer (which has the start button, desktop shortcuts, etc).

With that said, you can get rid of windows explorer, and then IE would go with it.

You would simply replace it with one of the many premade shells out there that are way more efficient than windows explorer, but your desktop icons etc would work differently as it is a different shell.

Back