• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

p4 423 Heatsink?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Swiftech's MCX423 is the best, nothing comes close, however, Im not sure how available it is. I know your dilemma, Im looking to fool around with an original P4 1.5, but after seeing what's so limited out there I decided that when I get around to it, Ill make my own waterblock instead :D

pacino said:

it comes with a rentention kits for socket 370/ A / 423 / 478 .. :)

I have a 1.7ghz socket 423 and a Volcano 7+
I read the manual and looked at the pins. Either i bought the wrong vol 7+ or i didnt get the instructions for the socket 423. Cuzz on my Vol 7+ it says socekt 370, 462, and 478 i yet to find the socket 423 instructions on the manual. Nor can i bend, shape or alter the clips to mount it on the socket 423. Right now my volcano is just sitting collecting dust so if u know how to mount it plz let me know. Until then i'll just keep it for my socket 478 that i hope to get soon. :D:cool:

NO1 said:

I have a 1.7ghz socket 423 and a Volcano 7+
I read the manual and looked at the pins. Either i bought the wrong vol 7+ or i didnt get the instructions for the socket 423. Cuzz on my Vol 7+ it says socekt 370, 462, and 478 i yet to find the socket 423 instructions on the manual. Nor can i bend, shape or alter the clips to mount it on the socket 423. Right now my volcano is just sitting collecting dust so if u know how to mount it plz let me know. Until then i'll just keep it for my socket 478 that i hope to get soon. :D:cool:

I thought so...I knew the 7+ had compatibility with 370, 478, and A, and thought it ended there...guess it does :eh?:

Holy cow. $114 for a heatsink. I think ill be making my own. I was thinking of getting two copper heatsinks like the sk6 and weld them together side by side to make it long enough to reach the mounting ends

Back