• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

OCZ 520 and Neo 2 Randomly shutting off

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

saltytheseagull

I've got a neo 2 platinum and an ocz 520. I hit the power on button. The computer starts up and then dies. I never get a screen. The power led then flashes on and off. I'm really getting fed up with it. All I want to do is be able to use my computer. Is the psu bad? Is the mobo bad? Please help!!! :mad:

Probably a bad psu. Look at the back of your psu... when you attempt to power on your system, are the leds green? You may also want to unplug every unnecessary device from the psu and then see if it turns on.

Just a stab in the dark. I notice you mentioned the power LED flashes... could the power switch be faulty and holding the connection closed too long, causing the board to go into suspend as soon as the system starts?

saltytheseagull said:
I've got a neo 2 platinum and an ocz 520. I hit the power on button. The computer starts up and then dies. I never get a screen. The power led then flashes on and off. I'm really getting fed up with it. All I want to do is be able to use my computer. Is the psu bad? Is the mobo bad? Please help!!! :mad:
I get that issue when i flick the powerswitch on the back off and on quickly over a short period of time. What I gotta do is unplug it for awhile and then try again. I rarely get it. Most likely your PSU is just faulty. Give OCZ a call, they will get you back up in no time

How long does it take to get the stuff back? I need to rma my booster too. Also if I were to rma my mobo how long does msi take?

OCZ rma's shouldnt take more than a week I dont think, atleast for the psu, cause i believe they cross ship. MSI i'm not sure, but it could be up to 2 weeks, but don't quote me on it.

I put my old rig back together (AXP) and it works fine. I'm going to rma the mobo. Hopefully that will put this issue to bed.

Back