• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Will it fit?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

McBloody

Hi everyone!

I'm currently making myself a configuration and i'm hoping to make the most of my hardware by overcloking. Now that I have everything together, i'm just wondering whether it will all fit on the microATX card, with a huge cooler and card.

XFX Radeon™ HD 5850 1Go Black Edition
Noctua NH-D14
Gigabyte GA-P55M-UD4
G.Skill Kit Extreme3 2 x 2 Go PC12800 Ripjaws

Can you guys take a look please?

Thanks!!

Last edited:
:welcome: to OCForums!

I'm confused by your "miniatx card" terminology. Are you asking if the hardware will fit in your mATX case? If so, we'll need to know what case you have.

I suppose the question is whether it will all fit on that microATX motherboard, hence the section. ;)

The 5850 is no longer than the motherboard and no wider than two standard slots -no top heat sink or anything that would encroach on the CPU cooler or RAM. And nothing else is in the way on the other side except losing the next PCIe slot of course.

So it comes down to whether the Noctua NH-D14 will fit in the socket area, taking into account the extended height of the RipJaws heat sinks as well.

Auric that's exatcly my question ^^

MatNeo I meant microATX sorry

My main concern with what i'm buying is my 1200euro budget, trying to get the best deal and more importantly something well overclockable.

Intel® Core™ i5 750 1 174,89 € En stock
Antec Twelve Hundred 1 144,99 € En stock
XFX Radeon™ HD 5850 1Go Black Edition 1 289,99 € Pénurie
LG GH22LS50 - OEM 1 24,95 € En cours d'approvisionnement
Noctua NH-D14 1 74,99 € En stock
Noctua NF-S12B FLX 2 45,97 € En stock
Samsung Spinpoint F3 S-ATA - 1000 Go - 32 Mo 1 74,79 € En stock
OCZ StealthXStream - 700W 1 74,99 € En stock
Gigabyte GA-P55M-UD4 1 137,99 € En stock
G.Skill Kit Extreme3 2 x 2 Go PC12800 Ripjaws

This is current buy, it seems like the best for me but i'd like your input (the main use is gaming) on what to buy but really the heatsink will fit with the rest of the components and more importantly the motherboatd.
If you have suggestion, i'll take them gladly!

Thanks again!!

Eliott

Last edited:
Back