• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Vista Ultimate x64 BSOD

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

kellygtp

I have vista installed as my os and i woke up this morning to a bunch of windows errors saying windows recovered from a serious error, i have the minidump files but this is kinda of annoying. Has anyone else experienced this problem with their vista setup?? i mean i just fresh installed it on a formatted drive 2 days ago and its starting this.

I've been through that allot with vista. I put Vista ultimate on my "old" (but still fast) 939 board and all the problems I had made me want to light myself on fire. Perhaps it's because my hardware wasn't "certified" for Vista, but when I think about it, it isn't "certified" for Linux either but it works fine on that OS so I don't see the problem... Oh wait yes I do.... Vista....

could your overclock becuaseing it?? I have not had any problems with vista 64bit...except when i pushed my clocks to high.

ive been messing with it all day....my overclock is stable after 6 hours of prime95 and running strong...then boom all this is happening...
so i up the voltage to the FSB, cpu is at 1.35 now and ram is at 2.1 and was still getting it...so i dropped the clock to QDR 1500 instead of 1600 and im testing that now.

yeah you should set it to stock and retest and see if it still happens. Have you gotten all the updates for vista? And have you tested the ram?

yeah ran memtest for like 5 passes and ram was perfect...so i downed the clock back to 3.33ghz and it seems perfect....i dont get it...no i havent gotten all the updates for vista yet...

Back