• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

honestly dont know what to put PLEASE READ

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jstutman

ok here is my question i will try to explain it as much as i can,

in the bios of the 8k7a+ the memory cas settings have auto

and manual. exactly what does changing the setting in manual do?
im using 2x 256 crucial ddr mem ecc

what is everyones reccomended settings, and then try to explain why you reccomend that setting

thanks in advance

In auto the board should set the memory timings based on the information programmed into the memory's spd.

In manual you override the auto settings to either get better performance or better stabilty.

For me the performance with stabilty at 150fsb using crucial 2100 on the 8K7A is from the top setting (phlimit) to bottom,

Your best bet is to get sisoft sandra and run the memory benchmark and then adjust the different settings and see what gives you the highest score without causing stability problems.

You can use the information here http://www.itcp.net/~awsh/Speed_Demonz/BIOS_Guide/BIOS_Guide_Index.htm
to find out what each setting does.

what would cause sandra to "not respond" when attempting memory test?

nothing running!

jstutman said:
ok here is my question i will try to explain it as much as i can,

in the bios of the 8k7a+ the memory cas settings have auto

and manual. exactly what does changing the setting in manual do?
im using 2x 256 crucial ddr mem ecc

what is everyones reccomended settings, and then try to explain why you reccomend that setting

thanks in advance

Using ECC memory is actually crippling your system. It is slower RAM than standard PC2100.

Back