• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Matt Don't Like BSODS

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Is it the latest v9.1 of the software? If not, I would suggest either uninstalling or upgrading it...especially if you have SP2 installed.

I'm just trying to help. I've heard of people not recieving memtest errors all the way till the 23rd hour. Most recommendations from the trusted people on this forum say at least 12 - 24 hours. Take it with a grain of salt if ye wish..

sorry that came off harsh, just never heard it before. Frankly I don't have that much time to have my computer down need it for school. No offense meant. If it comes to that I will try, but right now, I don't have the time.

dicecca112 said:
sorry that came off harsh, just never heard it before. Frankly I don't have that much time to have my computer down need it for school. No offense meant. If it comes to that I will try, but right now, I don't have the time.

I also have heard that testing it longer proves to be more effective... I at least try to do it for at least 12 hours (just let it do its thing overnight). Think of it like prim95 (which I reccomend running for 24hrs), I have had an error after 23 hours on my previous setup.

yes, at each pass, memtest is testing a section of your ram. i cant remember what the numbers are but IIRC it takes about 16hrs??? to fully test a gig of ram. its just the way it works.

Back