• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

It's Coming... (P4C800-E Deluxe system)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

R0CK3TM4NN

Just ordered the parts for my new computer today. Should be at my house on Thursday if all goes well.

It is a:

2.4 GHz P4C
P4C800-E Deluxe
512 MB of Kingston PC3500 RAM (2x256)
Radeon 9800 Pro 128 MB (in the form of a Tyan Tachyon G9800 Pro)
All powered by a 430W Antec TruePower PSU
And kept nicely chilled in a CoolerMaster ATC-200 case.

Overclocking results will follow shortly after I put this thing together. Hoping to get around 3.0-3.2 GHz, stable.

Let us know how yours works out, I think my next system will be based on that board. By the way, any plans to use IDE RAID?

What sucks about the IDE raid? Are you talking about that board specifically or do you mean IDE raids in general?

More information about your comment would be nice.

Man, I've been too damn busy with work the past 3 days to put this thing together. Getting anxious to see how it runs. My friend built a similar system with a Chaintech Zenith 9CJS board and it runs very fast. 11:00 AM on Sunday is R0CK3TM4NN's Computer Time. Lets hope it stays that way.

Sounds awesome. I plan on building a system based on this board as well using the 800FSB 2.8GHz chip.

Ok, everything is setup and running well. Although I did have like 4 heartattacks in the course of an hour when:

1) 3 pins on the top side of the processor were bent inwards...had to fix that with the credit card trick

2) The Zalman heatsink required an unusual amount of force to screw down. It seemed to go in much easier on my friends board, which is a Chaintech 9CJS Zenith. I checked the heatsink and the surrounding area to see if anything was blocking it, but it's fine. (Maybe it was lifting that made me weaker that day...)

3) The system wouldn't turn on for some reason...turned out the power switch was wired incorrectly.

4) When I turned on the system after I installed windows, I heard a huge *ZAP* sound as soon as I hit the power switch and then everything shut down. It turned out that one of the wires connected to the system speaker had be severed and was making contact with the base of the case, thus shorting the mobo out. Took that thing out of there and everything is miraculously working fine (so far)...

Using the asus probe, I got idle temps at 30C and full load temps around 33-34C so the heatsink seems to be doing its job.

Is there anyway to check that Dual DDR is working in your system? The Chaintech board made it pretty obvious in the POST messages, with big bold white letters, that dual DDR was enabled.

EDIT: Did I mention this thing is quiet? It's like First Class in a 747 with noise cancelling headphones, as opposed to my previous system, which was sitting on the wing at 600 MPH.

Last edited:
Back