• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New board recommendations

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

CyBerGOd909

Registered
Hello. As of now I have a Gigabyte K8N Pro. Nice board all around, great onboard sound etc. Problem is its very picky with ram. I have (2x) 1gb sticks of ram, and then (2x) 512 sticks. I can only run the 2x 512s, or a 1gb stick. No matter what combination or settings I try, cannot get past post. I really liked the board until I ran into these memory problems. So I am looking for a good board for a64 3200+. That wont mind 2 differ brands of 1gb sticks ^^. I like brands like asus, abit, and DFI. Been looking at some dfi's lately so I might go that route. Wouldnt mind to do some overclocking too. Any comments appreciated :)

the DFI is as feature rich as it gets for sk754 but i've not been able to experiment with the ram the way you need to get it to work

yea im looking at the DFI NF3 250gb. Looking good so far. I have 1gb of corsair , a 1 gb stick of ultra, and 2x512 of kingston. As long as I can get 2gb total working I'll be happy, either the 2 gig sticks, or 1 gig and 2 512s. Also just out of curiosity, whats a good board simialr to the nf3 250 that supports pci-e ? looked at K8N4-E deluxe.

Last edited:
well if you have s754 there isnt going to be a pci-e solution and from the mobo you had you must have a 754? the 939 board similar to the dfi supporting pci-e would be any of dfi's nf4 skt939 solutions

well the asus K8N4-E deluxe does offer pci-e. On another note my father needs an upgrade. Was thinkin of giving him mine and goin with a 939 solution. Whats the cheapest I could get away with that. Also can I use my ddr pc3200 ram, or do the 939 require it to be ECC?

Back