• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

issues with cooling the phenom II x6 1100t

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

stevecul

Hi all i am new to the site so i am not sure if im posting this in the right place....if i am im sorry.

anyway i have a few questions about my recent pc build. i will tell you the spec and them ask the questions. any help will be greatly appreciated.

motherboard.....Asus M4A785TD-V EVO

Processor..........AMD Phenom II x6 1100T

Ram.................G.skill F3.12800CL9T6GBNQ (3 X 2GB)

Cooler..............Arctic freezer 13 with pre-applied ARCTIC MX-4 thermal compound

Graphics...........ATI sapphire Radeon HD6870 1gb

sound...............sound blaster xfi extreme gamer.

PSU..................Novatech 500w modular

case..................coolermaster CM 690 II

right here is my first question.....i have installed the rams into three of the four slots, what are the best three slots to use. i have used slots
dimm_b1
dimm_a1
dimm_b2
leaving slot dimm_a2 emty (closest to the processor)

question 2....is the pre-applied ARCTIC MX-4 thermal compound any good??? i have an idle temp of 44c. and when running prime95 for 10 mins it goes to 62c, is this a safe temp? is the cooler any good?

i will post screen shots of speed fan, cpu-z. i have had a little tweak in bios taken a few things off auto but not sure if i have done the right thing.

any advice would be great.....thanks steve.

snip2.png
snip3.png
snipone.png

If you're asking why your core temp shows "0" its probably because you have the core unlocking enabled in bios. It's usually called ACC ("Advanced Clock Calibration") but may be termed something else in your particular bios. Turn that off as you don't have any cores to unlock anyway.

If you're asking why your core temp shows "0" its probably because you have the core unlocking enabled in bios. It's usually called ACC ("Advanced Clock Calibration") but may be termed something else in your particular bios. Turn that off as you don't have any cores to unlock anyway.

thanks for that info.....i always thought that my core was the top one (temp 1).....so my core is idle at 34-35c is that good????

Attachments

• snip4.PNG
    snip4.PNG
    11.9 KB · Views: 228
CPU temp is measured from the socket area of the motherboard and is not as useful or critical as core temp.

Back