• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

i5 3570k with ASUS P8Z77V-PRO mobo for $399.98 shipped

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Brando

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ComboDealDetails.aspx?ItemList=Combo.959049

Seems like a decent deal. Cpu is $15 off for the weekend and the motherboard is $25 off too. Subtract another $30 for the combo deal and also get a free 1 year extended warranty from the egg. I fell for it (can't wait till the stuff gets here). Somebody stop me before it ships if I'm a sucker. I know amazon is close on price but super saver shipping sucks and no free extended warranty.

Last edited:
I take it you didnt cancle?
I might grab this to.But i really wanted to get the 3770K.Seems like a down grade going to a 3570K for me. But i do want pci-e 3.0 for when i upgrade my video cards and i dont really need hyperthreading

I take it you didnt cancle?
I might grab this to.But i really wanted to get the 3770K.Seems like a down grade going to a 3570K for me. But i do want pci-e 3.0 for when i upgrade my video cards and i dont really need hyperthreading

I think I'll keep it. Everything I've read so far shows the 3570k neck and neck with a 2600k which is $80 higher. I don't really do rendering or super multithreaded stuff anyhow. Honestly though I didn't really need more cpu power, I just consider it a bonus. I wanted all the features of the board and the cpu. Now my ssd can run full speed and I can control my case fans perfectly with fan xpert 2. Usb 3.0 might come in handy at some point and Pcie 3.0 might matter in a couple years or maybe not. It just feels good to get modern stuff. I'll probably stuff a new cpu in this board after a few steppings and price decreases. If I get my wish a revised ivy bridge with hyperthreading will get to 5ghz at decent temps once they iron out the wrinkles or somebody invents a new type of heatsink that specializes in cooling small chips.

Last edited:
Back