• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Rediculous CPU temps

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Neeseius

I am trying not to flame but I am getting sick of ppl posting about their rediculous CPU temps. If someone needs help with their temps, or they arent sure if they are running too hot or not, dont take advantage of it to brag about ur rediculous temps and tell them nething over 40c is too hot, cuz its not! AMD XPs run fine at up to 55-58c. Post the truth and quit bragging about ur redicuous temps.

It happends all the time, someone with water cooling posts his temps and asks if they are good, which is fine, then someone comes bursting in saying "mine runs cooler than yours with air cooling, mine runs 30c idle and blah blah blah" no one cares. They want to know whats hot and whats not.

The truth is stock cooling with avg room temps will get you 50c-55c, depending on where u live and whats avg for your room. If its nice and cool then you will probably get 45c-50c with stock cooling. With a good HSF you can get down to 39c idle, but ur room must be cold. Remember ppl, if your saying you get 35c idle with ur air cooling solution and avg room temps then your lying, thats just rediculous, if thats what it says then you have a temp misreadings. There is only so much you can do with air cooling and nething below 39c with air cooling is just stupid unless your room temp is 50F.

With a good HSF you can get down to 39c idle, but ur room must be cold. Remember ppl, if your saying you get 35c idle with ur air cooling solution and avg room temps then your lying, thats just rediculous, if thats what it says then you have a temp misreadings. There is only so much you can do with air cooling and nething below 39c with air cooling is just stupid unless your room temp is 50F. [/B]

Interesting words, Mrs. Badcrumble.

I disagree, BTW.
Getting ( and staying) below 40° on air is no big deal.

Yeah, I was doing 36 or so no problems with an slk-800; and that was in a dual cpu setup. Twice the heat. However, my cpus are now mid 50's idle, and yes, they are running fine.

-CPFitz-

I am trying not to flame but I am getting sick of ppl posting about their rediculous CPU temps

Excellent! A place to post my new results... I'm getting nothing above 38c load on air. Just thought you'ld like to know. By the way, Athlon XPs will burst into flames at 50c :p

:rolleyes:

I run load at 39C on my main rig. On air. In a room that isn't 50F. And it isn't loud. My idle (I fold all the time, so I've only seen it a couple times) is somewhere around that 35 you mention. Am I lying?

y does your room HAVE to be cold just to have cool CPU temps....there are many people with room temps up there..and still gettin good 30+ celcius temps...your room doesnt necessarily have to be cold cold to have good temps....thats where number of case fans and type of airflow you have come in...if u have a colder room even better but its whats on the inside that counts....and if your comp is on the ground thats also a plus because remember Cold air doesnt rise...

Oh yeah, I have 1 80mm fan in the fromt of my case, which is badly blocked by the front plastic thing. Stock HS and HSF. Only air exit is through the PSU.

My cpu idles at about 33c or so, but on load iget about 41-48c depending on how hot my room is. If i keep the windows and door open to air out the room is doesnt get above 43c. And this is while overclocking the cpu.

I tend to agree with you tho. Some people say they get like 35c load while overclcked and on air cooling. I always find that hard to belive because youre room needs to be like 50f or so to be that cool.

Also diff cpu's will run diff depending o nthe clock speed and voltage.

Most people who say they run like in the 30's on load using air or watercooling, have cpu thats are under 2000mhz. I know iv had tons of cpu's that were under 2gig, and whe ni had them my temps were like 5 or 8 c cooler the nmy current cpu.

A proc running 2300mhz 1.82v, is ganna run hotter then a 1800 mhz cpu using 1.82v.

At least for AMD that is. Read carefully FLETCH, youre cpu i understand why its cooler then mine, but mine runs hotter then youres.

Only people i say that are lying are guys like 2400mhz 1.9v and air cooled claim they get like 35c load.

ElectroX said:

Excellent! A place to post my new results... I'm getting nothing above 38c load on air. Just thought you'ld like to know. By the way, Athlon XPs will burst into flames at 50c :p

Excellent example of someone who has no idea what they are talking about

Neeseius said:

Excellent example of someone who has no idea what they are talking about

I believe he was being a tad sarcastic :p

But aye, exagerrated temps don't make you seem any cooler :p

I'm running my 1700+ at 2.46 ghz at 52-54* C Load. Hopefully though, with a daring experiment with a peltier, ambient temperature will be down to ~-2 *C. :)

If your CPU temp is reading less than about 5*C over ambient, and it's not a pentium 166 mhz proc, then you've got innaccurate readings most of the time. ;P

-Excelsior

Sophisticated said:
y does your room HAVE to be cold just to have cool CPU temps....there are many people with room temps up there..and still gettin good 30+ celcius temps...your room doesnt necessarily have to be cold cold to have good temps....thats where number of case fans and type of airflow you have come in...if u have a colder room even better but its whats on the inside that counts....and if your comp is on the ground thats also a plus because remember Cold air doesnt rise...

with all those stars id think ud be a little bit smarter. It only makes sense that Air cooling depends on the temp of your air.... think about it

Last edited:
fletch said:
:rolleyes:

I run load at 39C on my main rig. On air. In a room that isn't 50F. And it isn't loud. My idle (I fold all the time, so I've only seen it a couple times) is somewhere around that 35 you mention. Am I lying?

Probably a temperature misread. Happends all the time, sometimes u need to flash ur bios, or the temp reader was damaged during CPU installation. Common on Abits

Please then tell us Neeseius why you are right, and everyone else (including myself might I add) is wrong. I run my system on nothing more than 45ºC load and I'm upstairs where it is around 73ºF or so.

But my point you see is this. You have the right to your opinion, and everyone else has the right to theirs. But you must remember that your opinion is absolutly worthless unless you can back it up with some facts to PROVE your opinion is correct. So please Neeseius, inform us all with the facts on why we are lying about our temps on air. Because with the information that you gave us:

The truth is stock cooling with avg room temps will get you 50c-55c, depending on where u live and whats avg for your room.

Most seem to disagree with this. I'm just wondering the science of why you are right is all.

CPFitz14 said:
Yeah, I was doing 36 or so no problems with an slk-800; and that was in a dual cpu setup. Twice the heat. However, my cpus are now mid 50's idle, and yes, they are running fine.

-CPFitz-

If they are running mid 50s now then obviously b4 was a temp misread, temps dont change that dramatically over time

Back