• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Problems with overclocking

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

zkte

Registered
Hello all,I have a 2400+t-bred and 1gig of corsair xms ram
What are some general settings for the an35n ultra?
I have tried different things but always screws up on reboot.

Welcome to the Forum!

You have not given us much information. What sort of problem are you having?

If you have a recent (after 0338 year-week coded) Athlon, then it is likely to be multiplier locked at 15X. You will have to do all of your overclocking in the front side bus setting. Do this in small steps and make small increases to core voltage only when stability suffers.

Every chip, board and ram combination will behave differently, so there are no "general settings" to use.

The main problem I am having is that bios seems to be real flakky
I have already flashed to the latest version but it does not seem to help much.
Pretty much any settings other than OPTIMAL (memory timings) leads to crash and having to reset cmos.
Does anybody think this might go away after burn-in?

I used corsair xms on mine, is your cpu really locked at 15? If so you will be very limited to what you can change as far as fsb. What speed is your ram?

Its 3200 ram dual channel
and it seems to be doing a little better now that it has burned in a little bit. The multiplier is not locked though and I found the secret too with this an35n ultra motherboard.It seems you can only make one change at a time in bios then save and exit make another change then save and exit.If you change multiplier and FSB at the same time it freaks out.

zkte said:
It seems you can only make one change at a time in bios then save and exit make another change then save and exit.If you change multiplier and FSB at the same time it freaks out.

The only time my mobo reverts to default settings is when my OC is too aggressive. Other than that you should be able to change as many settings as you want, save+exit, and all is good.

Actually I found the same thing zkte at high FSBs that it didn't like FSB and multi in same tweak, at slower FSBs I can change everything. I can still mess with anything else , just not those 2 at same time. Personally I'm glad cause the MoBo is covering your ***, unlike earlier boards\brands that would crash hard with a couple of tweaks, heck some of them still do. I think you'll find the same thing sQUiRLy when you push over 210FSB, it starts getting sensitive.

Regards, Szandor

Back