• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Abit IC7 Max3 2.6c WTF

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

cclough

hey all, i am new here and have a couple questions for you all.

here is what i have

Abit IC7-MAX3
P4 2.6c
Verto 512 ddr434 or pc 3500
radeon 9800pro
segate 160gig sata drive
cooler master jet pro coper cooler
and a 350 watt psu that came with my case
antec lanboy

here is my problem, i have hit a wall at 250 with the 5:4 ratio at with my core at 1.6, ram at 2.8, and agp at 1.65, i think that it is just my PSU but i dunno for sure. can any one help me on what i need to do to get maybe 3.4 or 3.5 stable?

anythings helps :attn:

i am thinking that it is just my PSU, what do you think the max OC with my PSU is, also were can i find a good cheap PSU

Hi there, :)

I am pretty new to this place too.

I am not too sure about your problem but I have noticed when trawling through the forum that many users with your chip hit the wall at 250fsb, with all but a few geting over 3.25. I think it may be inherant to the 2.6 chip.

As I said I don't know personally but I think that is the general feeling.

zc :cool:

well it is also possible that it's your ram not likeing the 5:4... ram seems to be streesed more when using 5:4 ,3:2(this is from other peoples testing).... since i havent seen too many people with the 2.6c do you know what steping you have? what the Sspec on the chip? if you got one of the new stepping C's i would think you wall would be around the 3.6-3.8ghz range as my 3.0c is not stable with any higher voltage @ 3.8 but is fine at 3.75 with 1.675volts(bios) but lives at 3.6 not much a diffence besides temps are lower....

yeah i have a wall on my 3.0C about 247. I am going to have a 2.4 chip coming soon that has gone up to 283, I am going to pop it in and try. Then maybe we will have more evidence that this barrier is chip or mb related.

but the 2.4c could be one of the lucky ones....remember they did Bin the 2.4c from what i remember people saying a while back.... i was mainly refering the the new stepping cpu's D1's that if no matter what Multi its at the wall may be around what i said above... even though yes a higher speed cpu using the same voltage will more then likely overclock higher but by how much i would like to know.... i dont have to money to find that out... it would be interesting to me to find out.... Like go to newegg and buy a 2.4c and then buy a 3.0c both new and not knowing what it maybe.... to see where they both end up....

Well, 250 FSB is fairly typical with the 2.6C. Not familiar with that type of RAM, but maybe raise the RAS to CAS timing another notch. The IC7 series can be a little finicky with RAM.

Back