• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Mini pci replacement advice please!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Newman_SCO

I would like to replace my Orinoco Mini PCI B card with a B/G card.

I would like it to have good support in linux without messing around with installing drivers. And airsnort/aircrack support would be good.

Atheros cards are said to be good. Any recommendations for makes and models?

Thanks for the suggestion.
Was it an Intel 2200BG? I tried one of those in my laptop a year ago and was very unimpressed with it's operation in NetStumbler. I have been put off Intel wireless slightly by this. And I believe linux support is limited or non existant for airsnort/aircrack

Unfortunately I don't have a Mini-PCI Express Adapter Slot for an Intel 3945ABG.

I don't really want to splash the cash for a A/B/G card at the moment. I just jumped for a Atheros B/G Mini PCI AR5005 AR2412. Since it was going for a very good price. Hopefully it will work well.

i was gonna reccomend a cm9, they're ABG and are under $50 on froogle from vendors ive bought from (aerialnet and pasadena networks)

what would be really nice to do is mount a pigtail, like u.fl to sma, and mount it somewheres so you can easily use an external antenna on it.... but it's prolly more important to have a working card to begin with.

Back