• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New Members Post here,...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
@Spliffie, an assertion failure is nothing you can fix - it's a variable in the program, that SHOULD always be < some state or value > (think of a distance between two objects, and somehow the distance becomes negative -- oops!).

Click on "ignore" and see how it goes, but probably, that wu is toast. What is the id of that wu? ( project, run, clone and generation, for example: Project: 8026 (Run 31, Clone 23, Gen 12)). I'll report it as a bug in the Stanford FAH forum (or you can if you like).

The url is:
http://foldingforum.org/index.php

is there a x64 bit version? i cant find the link any where
Hi Spliffie,

For the FAH client? Yes, for the high-performance version (download link in our T32 sticky thread) there is a download that is both 32-bit and 64-bit. For the 'normal' client, it's 32-bit only, but will run on 64-bit systems.

Spliffie, something went wrong with your install - if you are using gpu's, then I'd guess it's due to a driver problem - some of the old drivers, didn't work with all the cards in FAH, for all the cards.

If you'll give me the specifics of your system, and what the work unit was (it's listed in the log.txt file), then I'll check into it further.

There is no problem with 32 or 64 bit anything, as far as FAH goes. Each core is sized correctly for the work units it will be folding, and the folding client knows which core to use, etc.

The only 32 vs. 64 bit consideration, is in the operating system you are using. I'm using 64 bit Windows 7 and having no problems, even though the FAHClient (aka FAHControl), is a 32 bit program. It has to install itself in the Program Files (x86) folder, and it does that by default.

You may need to uninstall the V7 Client, and then re-install it. Use the default values, because that's where the fewest problems will be found.

Let me know how it's going, OK?

:welcome: Stphung!

We are getting ready for a team folding race in 9 days (see the Race Invitation thread for details).

Don't hesitate to post any questions you have, in the main forum, please. And, if you're game, join us in The Great Chimp Challenge Team Race. It's a one time a year gig, and lasts 10 days.

And Welcome to the Team!

We are getting ready for a team folding race in 9 days (see the Race Invitation thread for details).

Don't hesitate to post any questions you have, in the main forum, please. And, if you're game, join us in The Great Chimp Challenge Team Race. It's a one time a year gig, and lasts 10 days.

And Welcome to the Team!

Awesome thanks! I will totally check it out and likely participate. :)

And Welcome to the Team!

Question on this actually, do I have to do anything special besides fold on team 32? My assumption is that it is a marathon where everyone folds as much as they can for their teams.

You have to enter the name: T32monkeys
into the folding client program, so you can be in the race,

AND you have have 32 as your team number - also entered into the folding client.

AND you have to have the secret passkey, which I will be sending you in a PM. I can't send it however, until you have a total of 5 posts in the forum.

So get busy with 2 more posts! :thup:

You got it. It's a 10 day marathon - but the purpose is not just to fold and earn points for the team. The larger purpose is to have fun, and bring more awareness to the Folding@Home medical research, project as a whole.

Got any friends with desktop computers? Recruit 'em! Everyone's welcome to join in!

You have to enter the name: T32monkeys
into the folding client program, so you can be in the race,

AND you have have 32 as your team number - also entered into the folding client.

AND you have to have the secret passkey, which I will be sending you in a PM. I can't send it however, until you have a total of 5 posts in the forum.

So get busy with 2 more posts! :thup:

You got it. It's a 10 day marathon - but the purpose is not just to fold and earn points for the team. The larger purpose is to have fun, and bring more awareness to the Folding@Home medical research, project as a whole.

Got any friends with desktop computers? Recruit 'em! Everyone's welcome to join in!

Thanks a bunch for the info! I should be good for that PM, looking forward to this. :)

:welcome: stphung !!

You've joined a great team. As you can see you can get any question answered no matter the complexity. These folks have been around the block a few times..... enjoy, rinse, repeat !

Hey all, Not a new member, But more so.... a returning member. Ive been out of the game for almost a year now =[ due to cooling issues which have now been resolved im back.

Just now, Im folding my 2500K and 2 gtx460s, so pulling around 35-40Kppd

Hopefully going to be adding a dual core athlon which will be clock at around 2.9 and a 9600gtx soon.

Reporting for duty :salute: In the version 7 of the client I don't see a place for a team passkey, so is the passkey that is being floated around via PM the passkey for the T32monkeys username for the race? I mainly run FAH on my work computer which is slow (c2d e7500, 4gb), but 24/7.

Ah ok, that's what I was guessing, but thank you for the confirm. If I could get that PM I'll make sure to add a couple WU to the cause.

Ah ok, that's what I was guessing, but thank you for the confirm. If I could get that PM I'll make sure to add a couple WU to the cause.

I'll PM you as well, but we now have two public passkeys for the race:00fc1ca869ed43359d7ea6695cd75d28

is one of them.

Thanks for joining!

Back