• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

another dumb would you rather ???'s thread

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

deathstar13

FSB FRIEK
well ive been nice to my cpu over the last few months only running 2vcore @2.3ghz 221 fsb while ive been testing alot of other things.
xp1700 jiuhb dut 1.6v
but the reason was i could only get above 2v if i ran my chip at 200fsb.its a mobo issue,but im working on it.
so im going back to beating it into submission.
2.1vcore @2.4ghz 200fsb 2.0-2-2-5 2.8vdimm now running folding.
prime is just to hot above 2.1v imo.
it will be a week or 2 of slow work but ive not killed a cpu yet with my routines :D

i want it back to my prevous running of 2.2vcore 2.47ghz and my 1gig oc :D
BUT! i loose 20fsb so far in doing this.but im almost sure with enough burn ins on this mobo at this setting ill get 210fsb at least with 2.2vcore.
some odd reason this is happening to the nf7-s mobos with high vcore and high fsb at the same time.

so in the end pick a prefered setting you would use.
1= 2.47ghz 2.2vcore 200-210 fsb 2.0-2-2-5
2= 2.31ghz 2vcore 221fsb 2.0-2-2-5

and yes my cooling system is upto the task.

Ahhhh Death, back to pushing everything to the limit i see :D. I would go for the lower overall Mhz, and the higher FSB...it always seems to yield better benchies that way.

#2 by far

RAM is often overlooked...it's like saying you got a beefy engine but ***** tires

thats just my opinion

ummm hell yeh! smokem if ya gottem :D
but yeh thats what kinda advice im looking for.
but in 3dmark2k3 the fsb isnt as much an issue as mhz.plus also in nforce2 mobos the fsb doesnt affect agp/pci stuff so it isnt as important as it used to be.

ill have to run some tests soon when i get my conditioning on the cpu finished and back at 2.2vcore.

ROFL, I cannot believe you run a 2.2v vcore regularly...For my highest oc @ 2.5Ghz, I have to run close to 1.9v and it scares the hell outta me.

generaly i do keep a spare cpu just for this ocasion.
yours is a dlt 1.5v ,mines a dut 1.6v chip.
id NEVER run your chip above 1.9vcore either.those 1.5v chips are like glass walls.

altec said:
It doesn't help to appease me to run it higher when at 1.9v it hits around 57C full load. :eek:
running sandra's burn in im doing 25c :D
2.4ghz 2.1vcore

if i can get the mobo coaxed over 210fsb and 2.47ghz is my goal.
i know i could mod the mobo with extra caps on the cpu regulation circuits but im doing no mods anymore.

I'm definatley looking forward to the watercooling setup I am saving for, I can't stand these temps...I could use a 25C temp with a 2.1vcore...I bet I could get this thing to 2600Mhz if I had that much temp headroom. :p

Back