• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FRONTPAGE Fractal Design Adjust 108 Fan Controller Review

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Overclockers.com

Mostly known for their cases, fans, and power supplies, Fractal Design looks to add fan controllers to their product lineup with the release of their new Adjust 108. Sporting a brushed aluminum panel and a stout 36 watts per channel, it certainly looks like the Adjust 108 has the right DNA to be a contender in the competitive fan controller market. In terms of the aesthetic value it brings to your computer system, "Simple but clean" is the idea behind the Adjust 108. So, let's have a look at the Adjust 108 and see if the performance, specifications, and looks all come together in a worthy package.
... Return to article to continue reading.

Thanks for the helpful review. Sounds like a nice controller, priced competitively. Did you get a chance to try the LED jumper to "off" to see if the face got completely dark so someone could use it in a bedroom PC? Thanks. :)

Oooooh, this might be my solution for controlling these two damn loud MassCools that are currently turned off but that I'd love to be blowing at my GTX 670, but without blowin my ears off

QUESTION: though

Those little sliders, are they only like 3 position, or can you control the fans from 1% to 100% speed? My Cosmos II's fan controller is only 3 position and it's inadequate for my needz.

Nice review. 36 watts per channel is nice.

Voltage drop is pretty normal, you never get 100% voltage/RPM from a fan controller.

Looks like a decent minimalist controller. I like the option of making the display dark or less dimm.

Set it, change the jumper, forget it. No silly bling lights. Good for a Media PC where the light can distract from my 80" screen.

This looks like a really nice controller for $30.

I have a Sunbeam Rheobus, and it didn't come with the fan cable extensions, which I really wish it had, and I dont' care for the bright blue/red LED lights. The 108 seems to fix both those issues for me.

Hi Guys,
To answer a few of your questions.....

The sliders are not limited to positions, and control from beginning voltage to 100%. Be advise however, that you can't completely turn off a fan. See the review for an explanation of this.

I can't answer for sure if Fractal Design will factory install this controller in future case releases, my gut tells me probably not though. You can certainly add it yourself easily enough though.

As far as any complaints with the unit, none really. It works extremely well. In rare occasions, some my want to completely shut off a fan but won't be able too with the Adjust 108. Other than that I really didn't run into any issues at all with it.

Thanks guys!

Thanks a lot, definately gonna buy it now, its such a small cost for so much gain.

Wish I could find a better place than Amazon though, they're charging $40 with shipping, :L

Why u no newegg?

Just got mine installed. The only issue I had was that one fan I have is 2 wire only, the led's won't illuminate because the controller looks for rpm's but it still controls the voltage. So I ordered some fans with 3 wirea instead. :attn:

Back