• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

celeron at 1.49 better then pv 1.6???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
That's the old Willamette PIV 1.6. The 1.6A OC'd (which is what we'd all do with it anyway, right) would whup around that Celeron pretty badly. BUT- the Tualatin Celerons are excellent budget performers and Intel only outdid themselves on them with the Northwoods. It's too bad they're shifting their focus over to those pitiful Willamette Celerons and not on these anymore.

i noticed exactly the same, have a old P2B with 1.46 (Powerleap) Celeron. If you even look the fastest 2.66 P4 (Northwood,133fsb), your values are only 25% lower - extremly impressive.

it's faster than my 1.8 northwood unclocked; could not believe it bought new pc - p4board, stronger power etc...- but was not needed actually.

it was all marketing to sell the p4, the tualatin is extremly fast. Did you read the news they wanna claim Intel for slow P4's? Seeing those values....

Last edited:
yah thats wat i mean the celerons got more power per clock then the p4 do. This celeron at 1.49ghz is a quavelent to a p4 1.7 thats pretty impressive i think i can push this to 1.6 as well making it more powerfull then a p4 1.8
and for 1/3 the price these celey arent bad at all.

you are already better than 1.8 - sysoft misses the 1.8 so i just unclocked my 1.8 and has multimedia benchmark of 7106.

it's not only the price diff. (which isnt that big any more next month), also the upgrade people had been pushed to: new mb, new case, new power, new memory...

yah for a box that costed me 400 dollars australia with tnt2 agp, 256 sdram,20 gig hd it aint too bad.

Back