• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Which one to purchase?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Do you mean 3DMark benchmark programs only? If so I would probably say '03. While it focuses heavily on the GPU, it does offer some system performance testing in the first test. And it also has CPU specific tests. Unfortunately the CPU tests have shown to be a bit buggy. It does offer comprehensive system comparisions, a nice feature but still has flaws. In fact I think Futuremark is currently not allowing detailed system comparisons. And the licensed version allows you to publish multiple projects while the free version allows only one.

I actually prefer '01 but it's fast becoming an outdated benchmark, and Futuremark has been talking about dropping the '01 ORB. Plus there really is no point in buying '01 as the licensed version is almost identical to the free one.

As far as '05 goes, I think it's a crappy benchmark.

No it just sucks. The only reason to really bench 05 right now is to show off your SLI system. Even then it theb its rather unimpressive. Also you can't get very much out tweaking your OS.

I only use 01' and 03'. 05' is to slow for me to run lol....

If i were to buy one of them i'd buy 03' since 01' is getting very dated.

Back