• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

any Celeron D 478 Pin mod? (533 to 800)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
There is one but its like pulling teeth to get any info on it. The ppl that have done it just want to brag and don't leave any really useful thoughts on how to do it besides "woot for me look what I can do" . From what I have gathered you have to insulate a one pin and connect two others.

BSEL1 BSEL0 Bus Clock Frequency
L L 100 MHz
L H 133 MHz
H L 200 MHz
H H 166 MHz
Supposedly, you need to isolate/insulate the BSEL1 pin to force it High, then connect the BSEL0 pin to a VSS pin to force it Low. The motherboard needs to natively support 200MHz cpu's or it won't work.

Ok I got it and it works. If you look at the chart from Intels datasheet on Prescott , Low means the pin is connected internally, and High means it isn't. To do 533 to 800 bus on my Celeron D, I had to bend over BSEL1 (disconnecting the signal to the board) to make it connect to BSEL0 (connecting the board's BSEL0 through the processor's BSEL1). And viola my 315 Celly D is at 800fsb @3.4ghz.

Interesting, I have a Celeron D 320 in an Asus/HP rebranded board... so no overclocking except for with software. I have managed to have it run stable at 166 FSB--> 3GHz on stock voltage, would run at 3.2Ghz but not price stable. Would it be possible to mod the voltage as well? Or maybe I should just jump it to 166FSB... still a pretty good improvement IMHO.

Bending the BSEL1 (to send High) onto the BSEL0 to send it Low is a great shortcut. Very nice idea. :)

@TheNewbie.. Great to see you found a hard mod for your CellyD!!! :D
You might need to figure out a Vcore mod to make that thing stable though, how does it prime, Pcmark04?

Greenmaji, I will install pcmark tonight and prime it tomorrow. At the moment it is Spi stable and Sb at stock vcore. Will post results tomorrow night, wish me luck.;)

Ok this is what it will do at the moment w/ a crappy single stick of 256mb 2700 @3200 speed. I have some ocz 3500 1gb DC kit on the way.

Attachments

• SS of Pcmark.JPG
    SS of Pcmark.JPG
    141.9 KB · Views: 928
Just did this to my Bro's Celeron D we had. Went from 2.4 to 3.6ghz and rock solid. I will be getting his 2.66 since the P$ board I have wont take a Prescott. :-D Great Mod!!

Back